Shipping Forecast | Vital Football

Shipping Forecast

markinkent

Vital Football Hero
Todays the day of the much anticipated club update. Be interesting to see it has any specific details on how many spectators will be permitted in October or whether its more of a general brief i.e. ship is ready to sail etc.

Wonder if the bond scheme will ever materialise or whether that has been ditched.

News on investors ?

Let's hope it will be worth the wait.

Blimey, how long you been a Gills fan Mark?! You know you're just waiting for a huge let down lol

Blimey. As a real young kid in primary school I used to cut out and collect the days “Shipping Forecast” from the local paper. Evening Post I think?

Was originally a school project. Think I kept doing it about a year or more 😁

Oh ye of little faith.

Its going to be a rallying battle cry ahead of the new season. As long as its full of shipping metaphors I will be happy*

* that's probably not true .

There will be the usual bunch of vocal twats that will criticise PS whatever he announces today.

Discounting those muppets, here is what I reckon PS should include in his comms:

1. Acknowledgement of fans’ patience and offer a brief explanation for the delayed comms.

2. Reiterate the ‘we’re in it together’ message and back it up with actions. Personally, I don’t think he’s over paid. And I’d bet that he’s worked harder in the last few months than than in pandemic-free times. However, he needs to defer and/or reduce his consultancy fee this year to avoid bad PR.

3. Offer refunds to season ticket holders but plead for fans for forego refund in return for some other offer that wouldn’t deprive the club of revenue.

4. Outline high level roadmap for how fans will be allowed back in to the stadium. Season ticket holders should be given first priority. He should explain that he needs fans to be flexible because they’re likely to be relocated to different areas of the ground that might not be their preference.

5. Provide reassurance about the future of the club and what steps have been taken to mitigate the impacts of COVID.

6. Brief mention of investment.

7. Brief update on playing squad and aspirations for the coming season.

Trashbat if Scally came out and said all that I for one would be happy, it is long overdue though. I think keeping fans regularly informed during this pandemic wouldn't have been hard to do, all be it he is busy. The football supporters are what holds the club together aswell as Scally himself!

I agree with all those points you've mentioned apart from perhaps the word investment. We've been hearing talk of "investment" for over 20 years now. If there is something concrete regarding investment then brilliant, mention it, if it's the usual pie in the sky type stuff then I'm sure most Gills fans would rather he just swerved the subject as we're sick of hearing about investment with nothing ever actually coming close to materialising.

It’s not that difficult to keep reasonable fans, like you, happy.

Sadly, the 5% of twatish fans seem to account for 99% of the internet traffic.

Investment is one of those areas where Scally can’t win. He mentions it and people ridicule him for not having attracted anything in 20 years. He doesn’t mention it and people complain he hasn’t updated. I see people on Twitter who are constantly referencing some article from The Sun about potential investment and demanding updates - so some people are clearly interested.

Investors often want to keep matters private until it is done. The fact that Evans seems very determined to keep players and not sell I would guess means the club is safe. But also there is no massive investment coming anytime soon.The most likely event is that Scally has had a few small investments that have kept the club afloat. Remember Scally can sell shares without selling control of the club.

Investors often want to keep matters private until it is done. The fact that Evans seems very determined to keep players and not sell I would guess means the club is safe. But also there is no massive investment coming anytime soon.The most likely event is that Scally has had a few small investments that have kept the club afloat. Remember Scally can sell shares without selling control of the club.

The environment isn’t exactly ripe for investment.

What sane individual would pump cash in to a risky business that isn’t allowed any paying customers for an unspecified period of time?

Best bet is not ‘investment’ but money from a benefactor.

Twats and muppetts - thought Wayne was back for a minute.

I agree with your 1, 3, 4 and 5 and thats all he needed to do to keep many onside.

He won't mention his pay and agree with Bromley that no point mentioning investment unless he has something concrete. Just be sniggering in the corner otherwise.

He's leaving it a bit late in the day to get it out today though.