SHERIDAN AND MASSEY OUT! | Page 3 | Vital Football

SHERIDAN AND MASSEY OUT!

I think Gary Caldwell is currently without a club - I recon he would be a good replacement for Sheridan - young and keen and knows our club !

We could do a lot worse than Gary, I’d say give him a chance !

Nobody should be getting their hopes up, Sheridan almost certainly wont go to Swindon. Why would they want him on the back of how it's gone here? This will be like when Cook was odds on favourite to go to Bristol and Birmingham and it never happened.

Also if he somehow does go who would want to come in and take over at this moment? I am not saying it could get any worse as it probably couldn't, but i am not sure that things will get any better until the takeover is done. Even if we got a decent manager in charge they would struggle to get much out of the set of players we have. The face in the dug out may be different but that would probably be about the only difference.

I think where we are unfortunately can't change until the takeover is done due to the circumstances.

On the Door of
Wigan Athletic Manager.

A bad tradesman will do a crap job with good tools,
a good tradesman will do a decent job with poor tools,
or the Manager is just a Tool.

I think Gary Caldwell is currently without a club - I recon he would be a good replacement for Sheridan - young and keen and knows our club !

We could do a lot worse than Gary, I’d say give him a chance !
Ahhh yes... Gary Caldwell. The man who relegated 2 clubs in the same season :unsure:

Some of our fans need to step outside and smell the fresh air, because there seems to be a lot of rabid cabin fever knocking about 🤦‍♂️

Caldwell for Sheridan is like replacing Piles with Haemorrhoids 👍

Last edited:
Talk in the media of Caldwell and Barrow returning. Both out of work at moment and both still having ties with the club.

Could be worse, Joyce might fancy another crack.

Quite a few have said "who would want the job" well up to now we never got chance to find out coz Sheridan was shoehorned in by his Leeds loving mate. Slimy toad faced Greenback helped to make it a job for the boys. We may be surprised who would take it after all if we get back to something like normal it's a pretty good gig managing the Latics.

Nobody should be getting their hopes up, Sheridan almost certainly wont go to Swindon. Why would they want him on the back of how it's gone here? This will be like when Cook was odds on favourite to go to Bristol and Birmingham and it never happened.

Also if he somehow does go who would want to come in and take over at this moment? I am not saying it could get any worse as it probably couldn't, but i am not sure that things will get any better until the takeover is done. Even if we got a decent manager in charge they would struggle to get much out of the set of players we have. The face in the dug out may be different but that would probably be about the only difference.

I think where we are unfortunately can't change until the takeover is done due to the circumstances.

Couple of big IFS here....IF he goes & IF a new coach / manager comes in then surely it would give the club / players a bit of a lift cos at the minute from what we saw during the Chorley game from Sheridan and his lacklustre approach during the match / full time / extra time then anything is better than that......even Grips dog on the sidelines would have given a better performance than the man currently in charge 😉

From the consensus, I guess Caldwell is a no then !

Oh well - who do you guys think could be a realistic replacement to stop the rot & take us forward ?

Caldwell won a championship (lucky, blah, bigger spend, blah, my granny, blah) and then was going through a rough patch and got sacked.

Sometimes, you sack a manager, and you turn things round.................... with Joyce, we didn't. With McKay, we didn't.

Alternatively, sometimes, you stick by a manager, and you turn things round. With Cook, we did .......twice. (What might have happened had we stuck by Caldwell?......we'll never know).

Caldwell's record after leaving us isn't great. In fact, it pretty much stands up against - and wins - any logical argument for bringing him in, insomuch as on it's own, it in no way qualifies him to be a candidate.

As a long term option, there may be better options to be found ......... though whether or not we could afford them, or even if they'd want to come is another thing. As a short term stop gap (if Sheridan goes), then why not........ with or without Graham Barrow.

Caldwell won a championship (lucky, blah, bigger spend, blah, my granny, blah) and then was going through a rough patch and got sacked.

Sometimes, you sack a manager, and you turn things round.................... with Joyce, we didn't. With McKay, we didn't.

Alternatively, sometimes, you stick by a manager, and you turn things round. With Cook, we did .......twice. (What might have happened had we stuck by Caldwell?......we'll never know).

Caldwell's record after leaving us isn't great. In fact, it pretty much stands up against - and wins - any logical argument for bringing him in, insomuch as on it's own, it in no way qualifies him to be a candidate.

As a long term option, there may be better options to be found ......... though whether or not we could afford them, or even if they'd want to come is another thing. As a short term stop gap (if Sheridan goes), then why not........ with or without Graham Barrow.

I’m still haunted by that first half at Boundary Park about five years ago. He took tippy tappy shite to a new level that day.

I’m still haunted by that first half at Boundary Park about five years ago. He took tippy tappy shite to a new level that day.
There are some individual games that can't be defended. (For Rosler, it was the game at the Reebok).

However, on the other side of the coin, there are great performances too....... Walsall & Fleetwood (both away) being good examples.

Like Coddenchips says, we're hardly picking from a shopping list.