Sheppey v Gills | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheppey v Gills

Some of our youngsters likely to overtake Ist teamers by the end of the season imho IF they're given the chance.

Can't fail to be impressed by that showing. Looking good for future seasons .Thought Woods looked very impressive indeed .

Last edited:
He banged in a couple more long distance goals during last season, so it is not a one off, he strikes the ball very cleanly. Hopefully one of the young attacking midifelder\wingers develops as we now have several bubbling under the 1st team.

Can only echo what has already been said. Woods looked very capable.

I was also a bit surprised to see Bingham & Oldaker in this squad rather than the Folkestone match. Does this imply they are on the fringes of the 1st team squad?

Just watched the highlights, that 5th goal was a peach.

5th was a great strike, I thought the 4th goal was better though. From being on the floor with his back to goal, he manages to get back to his feet, trick his way past two defenders, play a 1-2 with a team mate and produce a clinical finish.

Can only echo what has already been said. Woods looked very capable.

I was also a bit surprised to see Bingham & Oldaker in this squad rather than the Folkestone match. Does this imply they are on the fringes of the 1st team squad?
Fitness could be the biggest reason for Bingham in this squad. Lovell never pushed Garmston back quickly and I expect him to do the same with Billy.
Lovell also said that everyone starts pre season equal .This team clearly played as well if not better than the one at Folkestone. If lads like Woods continue to play well for the next three weeks he could yet grab a place in the squad .