Sheppey v Gills | Vital Football

Sheppey v Gills

Full time 1-7 to Gills.

Very young team out second half. Good quality hat trick from Woods second half, another from a free kick, not sure on the scorer. Good to see Bingham put a solid 45 minutes in first half. Sheppey goal was a pen.

So, what was the score in the other game?

And anyone got the team make-ups? Who played where? And was it just a mixture or was it a sort of A team and B team?

Anyone that was at the game got any comments about individuals Henry Woods is he a forward ?What type of player is he ?

See we had Dean Cox on trial in this game. Always used to impress for Brighton and Orient. Played 5 games for Crawley last season. Another midfielder.

I have a feeling Lovell wants to be able to play five across the middle .Cheers for the info folks .

I have a feeling Lovell wants to be able to play five across the middle .Cheers for the info folks .

In the article below Lovell talks about three in the middle which would suggest something other than 4-4-2.

“I don't believe there is an attacking midfield player and a defensive midfield player. If you play midfield then the rotation should occur with the three players that you have and we have a lot of options this year in that position. In pre-season we will be able to see what the best formation and combination will be."

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/licence-to-thrill-185334/

Can anyone shed any light on the formations we played yesterday?

I think the thing we learned about Lovell is he likes to change formations if he feels the set up he has is not working.

I was at the Folkestone game - only 10 mins from me, so got back in plenty of time for the England match. Someone else was too as was passed by a Merc on the M20 going about twice as fast as us with the number plate Sca11y! Bumped into him in the ground too - he said "hiya", didn't realise who it was until he went past.

As for the match, was 1-1 - not much to glean from it, other than it was a very early pre-season friendly where we played a different team each half and mixed up,teams at that. Charles Cook made his debut and didn't do much. Fuller played and got stuck in. Eaves and Parker didn't do a lot - some quite wayward shooting. Wilko took a well taken goal. Hadley looked steady in the first half and was a big presence. Holy was very vocal in the second half which was encouraging for someone communicating in a second language. Garmston looked defensively sound (including in the air) against a fairly physically team - I wonder whether he could play in a back three, Walker style, if SL choose to play that formation. 4 decent pints of seasider ale from the clubhouse.

Highlights of the Sheppey game, I can clearly hear my well lubricated self shouting "yeeeeees, get in!" after the first goal.