Shenanigans at the Bridge | Page 4 | Vital Football

Shenanigans at the Bridge

Seen all the vids how niaive are you lot, the Blackpool fans that recorded that only showed the Police in action trying to stop fans getting at each other.

No videos posted of fans goading each other no videos of Blackpool fans goading the Police.

Didnt see any trouble but heard about what happened this afternoon, easy to blame the coppers when the dickheads only post what they want you to see.

Frank, three of us on here who were caught up in the middle of it have actually explained what we saw and have given you a first hand account of what happened.

Please explain to me how fans allegedly goading each other warrants police hitting women and kids with sticks?

I saw it with my own eyes Frank and have duly reported it to GMP. You might think that's bollocks but I'm telling you I saw it with my own eyes.
Then the officers should be identified and sacked on the spot.

Sorry for questioning what you saw but ive spoken to a few today that saw it all but no one mentioned women and kids getting hit with batons.

Then the officers should be identified and sacked on the spot.

Sorry for questioning what you saw but ive spoken to a few today that saw it all but no one mentioned women and kids getting hit with batons.
They were just hitting legs and not looking at faces. Like I said some coppers apologised.

Glad I couldn't make Saturday from reading this.

Not been caught up in any drama at the bridge since Preston a few years back. They'd got on the bridge and were chanting and throwing coins so naturally GMP's answer was to pepper spray and beat tics fans around the legs whilst stood next to the canal waiting to cross.

Don't get me wrong all clubs have that element about them but the problem is nowhere near as bad as is made out in the daily mail and by the police. They're raking it in on overtime bullying people out to watch the football whilst the city centres are hosting pro terrorism rallies every Saturday with barely a "liaison" officer in a blue bib to keep them in check.

Glad I couldn't make Saturday from reading this.

Not been caught up in any drama at the bridge since Preston a few years back. They'd got on the bridge and were chanting and throwing coins so naturally GMP's answer was to pepper spray and beat tics fans around the legs whilst stood next to the canal waiting to cross.

Don't get me wrong all clubs have that element about them but the problem is nowhere near as bad as is made out in the daily mail and by the police. They're raking it in on overtime bullying people out to watch the football whilst the city centres are hosting pro terrorism rallies every Saturday with barely a "liaison" officer in a blue bib to keep them in check.
Totally caused by the GM police and their managing of the crowd after the game and then their Militia in dealing with the problem that they had caused in the first place.
Would do Putin proud those lot. Burnham should have some sway with them. He would be first to say something if those tactics were used against Hamas terroist supporters every weekend.

Totally caused by the GM police and their managing of the crowd after the game and then their Militia in dealing with the problem that they had caused in the first place.
Would do Putin proud those lot. Burnham should have some sway with them. He would be first to say something if those tactics were used against Hamas terroist supporters every weekend.
Nobody protesting is supporting Hamas terrorists, they are protesting at the genocide being inflicted on women and children in Gaza.

Why do you think it is ok to have a dig at Burnham, he was one of the only politicians from any party that fought for the injustice that was perpetrated at Hillsborough and called for the heads of police officers who lied through the back teeth in the aftermath.

I crossed the bridge at about 2:30. The surprisingly large police presence on both sides of the canal was on a par with anything I’d witnessed in 25 years visiting the stadium.
Consequently I took the decision to leave soon after the final whistle. A wise decision since I was half way across the bridge when a group of Blackpool fans arrived and it kicked off. Some of those waiting to cross the bridge then got caught up in it all. It began to escalate and the police response became more aggressive. I wasn’t about to hang around and left the bridge sharpish.

I crossed the bridge at about 2:30. The surprisingly large police presence on both sides of the canal was on a par with anything I’d witnessed in 25 years visiting the stadium.
Consequently I took the decision to leave soon after the final whistle. A wise decision since I was half way across the bridge when a group of Blackpool fans arrived and it kicked off. Some of those waiting to cross the bridge then got caught up in it all. It began to escalate and the police response became more aggressive. I wasn’t about to hang around and left the bridge sharpish.
I said this on sat this was a training exercise. For the police. No one was watching them Little Wigan playing Blackpool. A fixture That I can’t remember lots of trouble in the past. Every local game gets some trouble. 100% GMP at fault. And wanted some aggro that near the scrap yard was totally out of order. Not sure what it was like at the train station after.

They’ve put out a statement to justify their actions, claiming supporters came together so they had to intervene. No shit, that’s exactly what happens when you funnel two groups into the same place. It isn’t rocket science and they should have prevented that happening in the first place - the fact they were geared up with riot helmets at the ready tells us that was never the plan. I’m a supporter of the Police but GMPs management post game was utterly woeful and negligent.

On another note I saw that Liverpool supporters were kept back after the final whistle on Sunday. A wise decision which shows they can manage football matches if they want to.

I think you should stop reading the right wing tabloids and stop watching GB news (oxymoron).

I think you should stop reading the right wing tabloids and stop watching GB news (oxymoron).
I dont read them. So do you not agree that the GM Police would have done Putin proud on Saturday or do you not agree that Putin is a facist bully? Or do you not agree that Andy Burnham would have had something to say if the GM Police acted this way towards politics demonstrators?

Last edited: