Sheffield Wednesday (H) | Vital Football

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
For the second match running no Paul Cook pre match interview, Richardson's done this one. Cook running scared of the inevitable social media backlash ?

If the home crowd get behind the players and create an encouraging atmosphere we can get something from this game, if the home crowd sit silent or sing negative stuff AT THE WRONG TIME we'll get battered.

I'm going for 1:1 - which unfortunately isn't enough in our current predicament.

Weds hammered in last league game and will look to bounce back at the DW. I’m expecting another defeat sadly. 2-1 Owls

If the home crowd get behind the players and create an encouraging atmosphere we can get something from this game, if the home crowd sit silent or sing negative stuff AT THE WRONG TIME we'll get battered.

I'm going for 1:1 - which unfortunately isn't enough in our current predicament.

So what do us fans have to do to get that 1-1 draw?

Hopefully Cook will spend the match on the 'crows nest'. He has a serious detrimental effect on the players when he's pitchside, and also goes to far with officials and buys us no goodwill at all... He basically pisses them off so 50/50 decisions become 55/45 against us because of Cook's attitude.

If he does rock up on the touchline, then there should be a rotating chorus of booing. I'm not for that before the game... Don't want the players thinking we have a problem with them... But if 🤡 turns up on the touchline after 25 minutes etc., that's an ideal time to make sure everyone knows it's him we're booing, not the players. I'll never boo a Latics player on the pitch, and I'd not even risk our players mistakenly thinking it was them being targeted.

But if we get a good opportunity to show Cook how we feel without impacting players, then we have to take it. He must already know he's a pariah now (how could he not..?), but a reminder to him and the board who for no good reason still employ him will never be a waste imho.

Sheff Wed are in poor form and vulnerable - in any other season I'd say this was a game you'd fancy us in. Also a game you have to win if you want to stay up - but every time we've had one of those we've screwed it up.

There are too many fundemental problems for me in our side to win enough games, law of averages means you'll get the odd win here and there but the team selection and system constantly undermine us, not to mention a lack of creativity, composure in front of goal and disorganisation at the back so even when we've had lucky breaks (Stoke clearance deflected for Morsy tap in, Huddersfield keeper passing to us, West Brom own goal, scoring against run of play, getting pens, etc) we still can't manage to grind out a clean sheet and 1-0.

If we do something radical like change system / shape / play our best players in position etc i think we have a real chance. But if we start with the usual then i'm expecting the usual disapointment.

There is always the outside chance this will be one of the law of average wins where Sheff Wed have such an off night in front of goal they could be there a week without scoring but that is what it'll probably take as we are a mess defensively and can't outscore anyone.

I can see us starting decent having plenty of the ball, maybe even taking a lead, but i can see the usual unfolding after that. Love to be proven wrong as we are on the verge of being completely dead and buried if we lose this and results go against us.

I fancy us to get a couple of wins this week.
With protests planned tomorrow I can see us getting a detrimental win to appease the fans slightly.

Leeds are starting their annual fall apart early this year and with us having a decent record at Elland Rd I can see us getting the points.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me if we lost both.

Loss. The crowd will be a taster of our future under these clowns. Empty and lifeless. God help anyone going to suffer through it.

Yep i agree unfortunately its cold and dull just like the football we watch ,
5/6000 latics plus away crowd and they are very well followed so may be 2/3000 .
Atmosphere depends on how we start the game , i always hope we win so 2.1 Latics ..

So what do us fans have to do to get that 1-1 draw?

To get a 1 -1 we have to be "still in the game" throughout Norm, so I think we have to get behind the players for the full 90 minutes and not let them get affected by any negativity from the stands. If that's the case save the protests for before / after, then let rip at Cook / Royle.
Just my opinion Norm, I could be completely wrong and the players may respond positively to negativity from the stands during the game, I guess we'll know by 10pm tonight.

It's nothing to do with the club not wanting it broadcast, it can't be shown as it is a rearranged Saturday fixture! Think you need to point this out when posting as fact!

They can broadcast reschdeuled games on the red button (us vs Bristol City was moved from Saturday to Sunday i believe and on the red button for example) but unlike standard midweek games that are part of the contract to be shown the home club have the option to say yes or no. This game could have been broadcast and the club just decided against it - almost certainly it will be down to the fear having it on tv will hurt attendance further.

I know it may not be for the best (based on previous form/evidence), but I'm hoping for an elusive detrimental win tonight.

Who knows. It may lead us to finding a stash of 'em.

Maybe the first team should have the U23s and the U18s in the changing room beforehand ..................... give 'em a pep talk like.