Sheffield Wednesday away tickets | Page 5 | Vital Football

Sheffield Wednesday away tickets

I went to the 1-1 draw in 77 we had a couple of hundred boys in the right hand side top corner behind the goal surrounded by coppers I remember they were locked in by the police for a long time after the game with the Wednesday running round outside the ground trying to find out which exit our lads were coming out from, the police would not let me up with our lads so stood below with my collar up hiding my scarf and kept very quiet.
I was there in 1977 and it was an interesting experience. The police at the ground told us straight that if we went on the terrace they couldn’t guarantee our safety. We were only 17 and couldn’t afford to go in the seats so risked the Leppings Lane end. We kept quiet till we scored when our instinctive celebration drew the attention of 20 or so unhygienic looking local Neanderthals who silently surrounded us. They continued staring at us, but that’s all, till half time when they lost interest and wandered off. We kept quiet in the second half. I understand numerous other small groups of Imps were scattered around the ground, and some were chased back to the buses. We had a coach window smashed while leaving Sheffield.

Remember Eventbrite? Better than this bunch of numpties.

The club have dropped yet another bollock over ticketing. About time it was sorted, tbh.

Many on here seem to assume TicketMaster staff both provide the software and edit/activate the 'pages' accessed to process Imps tickets . The password etc breaks may suggest (poorly signposted) outages whilst configuration errors etc of such pages are corrected by whom-ever. As I have said earlier there seems to be a mixture of incompetence and/or complexity of the 'editing interface'. Regardless, it is some relief that outside normal office hours things eventually get sorted. However it needs to be right first time.

Last edited:
Remember Eventbrite? Better than this bunch of numpties.

The club have dropped yet another bollock over ticketing. About time it was sorted, tbh.

Its as not as though the writing was not on the wall. There were a number of clubs fora who were complaining bitterly about Ticketmaster. I recall reading the Coventry forum some time back - thier forum went down into meltdown over Ticketmaster.

Sheff Wednesday will be my 1000th game. Granted I’m in my 60s but still. Thought I’d be stuck on 998 at Cambridge but was searched as I got inside the turnstiles.
I’ve been five bar gating my match day searches since wells-Cole wanted a survey/hobby story in french back in the early 70s.
I’m sure I will be searched to get my 1000 up. I wonder if the government or football authorities are recording the never ending searches at football? I guess it’s not PC to do so as it would challenge the oft punted line that they spin.