Sheffield United Fan Comments | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheffield United Fan Comments

mao tse tung - 1/10/2017 14:54

Pope John XXIII - 1/10/2017 14:24

LyttleByLyttle - 1/10/2017 14:22

Sheffield United who came to the City Ground and had 58% possession can play "a bit".

Leeds United who had 42% were better.

As I said, cohesive unit v talented individuals. The rest is fantasy.

Agreed.

Sheffield looked technically better and Leeds tactically better.

Leeds controlled the game from start to finish

Have you got that the right way round?

Because it looks like you are agreeing with LBL and then contradicting him in the very next sentence.

Talent equals technical ability

Cohesion, in the context that I assume LB was using the word, would indicate a tactically better organised side.

There is no way on earth that Sheffield are at the same technical level that Leeds are at; that did not stop them giving us the run around yesterday though.

Now you mention it, yes- I misread which side LBL was talking about so I disagree with him.

I felt on the ball and in passing Sheffield were faster, quicker thinking and more effective. They had spells where they looked like they could dick us 6-0. But they couldn't maintain that.

Tactically as a team Leeds were superb. They had some superior players in certain positions but they were extremely well drilled. Each player knew exactly who our weak links were, they knew which spaces to drag us into, where on the pitch was the best places to play and how to pace themselves.

They could hit us when things were favourable and controlled us when they werent.

Obviously, the intelligence to do that is part of ability too.

But for me the two games were tactical Vs technical. Sheffield at their best looked technically better than Leeds but didn't have the same technical discipline or mentality to control the game in their weaker moments

Sheffield United who came to the City Ground and had 58% possession can play "a bit".

So by your rationale we have been excellent so far this season as we usually have high possession stats? It's what you do with it that counts.
Leeds played us off the park, even though it pains me to say it. UTD were good, but nowhere near as good as Leeds in my opinion. We were in control for large parts of yesterday's game, but were never in it against Leeds.
Would you contradict any of that LBL, in your usual snide fashion?

Hardy Forest - 1/10/2017 15:25

So by your rationale we have been excellent so far this season as we usually have high possession stats? It's what you do with it that counts.
Leeds played us off the park, even though it pains me to say it. UTD were good, but nowhere near as good as Leeds in my opinion. We were in control for large parts of yesterday's game, but were never in it against Leeds.
Would you contradict any of that LBL, in your usual snide fashion?

:19:

Point proven.

Unable to discuss sensibly in a respectful, polite manner. You just seek to ridicule in what you believe to be a superior manner.

Hardy Forest - 1/10/2017 16:06

Point proven.

Unable to discuss sensibly in a respectful, polite manner. You just seek to ridicule in what you believe to be a superior manner.

Weren't you the one yesterday who opened a post by telling me I was just plain wrong?

Is that sensible, polite, respectful?

I thought you could tell that was tongue in cheek? We always debate our views and I would say usually accepting each other's point of view and accepting that everyone has their own opinion?

Lbl will never discuss anything, let alone accept that there are other views than his own. His posts just seek to ridicule other posters in a snide and condescending manner. That , or pointing out spelling and grammar errors.

Pope John XXIII - 1/10/2017 16:34

Point proven.

Weren't you the one yesterday who opened a post by telling me I was just plain wrong?

You called him arrogant.

mao tse tung - 1/10/2017 19:12

Point proven.

You called him arrogant.

It was an arrogant thing to say in a perfectly decent discussion, of which you were not a part

Are you seriously saying that I am not allowed to read or comment on discussions that I am not part of?

On an open forum!

You could be an absolute darling and save me the time and effort in checking back; do you have any previous on that front?

mao tse tung - 1/10/2017 20:58

Are you seriously saying that I am not allowed to read or comment on discussions that I am not part of?

On an open forum!

You could be an absolute darling and save me the time and effort in checking back; do you have any previous on that front?

Talk about an overreaction.

A simple comment and you are claiming infringment of your human rights.

Surely you have better things to do?

Its weird reading your posts now i've met you Mao. I used to read them with a cockney twang.

Pope John XXIII - 1/10/2017 21:03

On an open forum!

Surely you have better things to do?

Yes I do; and that's exactly where I will be heading the minute I am summoned.

Good night!

Pope John XXIII - 1/10/2017 19:30

mao tse tung - 1/10/2017 19:12

Point proven.

You called him arrogant.

It was an arrogant thing to say in a perfectly decent discussion, of which you were not a part

Pope, I hope you saw my earlier post where I try to explain that? I didn't mean it in that vein. I was joking. If you took it like that, then i apologise.

Pope John XXIII - 1/10/2017 21:03

On an open forum!

Don't you just love the irony of this post.

Can people please stop quoting the pompous pontiff.

He contributes nothing other than hypocrisy, misery & a perpetual argument so I have him placed firmly ON ignore & it is so much better for it. If PEOPLE keep quoting him though this dilutes the impact.

Toodlepip