Sheff Wed (H) highlights | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed (H) highlights

Not sure the Club should be policing anything like this, many long distance supporters purchase Season Tickets to support City and attend when they are able to. To buy ST's in anticipation of an FA Cup run you could be in for a long wait ! I am faced with a four hour plus round trip, and I know many are faced with even much longer journeys, and I cannot always do it , my seat in the Co op Upper will be empty some games, but purchased again for next Season. I have been doing what I can to support City for over 60 years and if my paid for seat is empty so be it.
UTI.

Fair enough - I suppose my point was aimed at those who buy a ST and don’t go to the league games at all. You clearly do when you can, so no worries.

I wonder if the club could bring back the ticket scheme where you can buy a STs holder seat if they’re not going.

Would be better than having empty pockets of seats at every game.

Not sure the Club should be policing anything like this, many long distance supporters purchase Season Tickets to support City and attend when they are able to. To buy ST's in anticipation of an FA Cup run you could be in for a long wait ! I am faced with a four hour plus round trip, and I know many are faced with even much longer journeys, and I cannot always do it , my seat in the Co op Upper will be empty some games, but purchased again for next Season. I have been doing what I can to support City for over 60 years and if my paid for seat is empty so be it.
UTI.
Maybe should make it easier to resell them whilst still maintaining club income. Think people more likely to buy for a good seat than behind the goal

Fair enough - I suppose my point was aimed at those who buy a ST and don’t go to the league games at all. You clearly do when you can, so no worries.

I wonder if the club could bring back the ticket scheme where you can buy a STs holder seat if they’re not going.

Would be better than having empty pockets of seats at every game.
The problem with that one is that many exiled Imps only decide on the morning of the game if to attend or not. My cut off point is 9.30 and I am sure many others do the same thing.

Maybe should make it easier to resell them whilst still maintaining club income. Think people more likely to buy for a good seat than behind the goal
As I said below, many exiles only decide on the morning of the game if to attend or not, I agree in principle to getting as much income as possible, but by buying my ST I have the right to decide whether to attend or not, and after attending 700 + Home games over my Imps supporting career I have done my best along with many other older supporters in a similar position.
UTI.

The problem with that one is that many exiled Imps only decide on the morning of the game if to attend or not. My cut off point is 9.30 and I am sure many others do the same thing.

My cut off point was 12.00 based on it being an average 2 hour 40 minute journey.
Loads of exiled season ticket holders cannot make it on a Tuesday night, quite a number give their seats to relatives or friends if they cannot be there. At sell out games there could be a system so the Club could buy them back for say £10 and sell them on at face value. The problem then would be to make sure they didn’t get into opposing fans hands.

My cut off point was 12.00 based on it being an average 2 hour 40 minute journey.
Loads of exiled season ticket holders cannot make it on a Tuesday night, quite a number give their seats to relatives or friends if they cannot be there. At sell out games there could be a system so the Club could buy them back for say £10 and sell them on at face value. The problem then would be to make sure they didn’t get into opposing fans hands.
I beleive that if you let them know they will resell and allow credit against next season ticket if they sell it !

There is such a Buy Back scheme in place, but it hasn’t been used since pre COVID as we haven’t had any home sell outs

There is always the bizarre mass migration to the beer from around 30 minutes into the first half and I'm convinced some don't come back irrespective of how the game is going. Some stand around the concourses as well. Really don't get that myself.
Is that where they were all going, well before half-time? I could see loads of people heading out of the Co-op 1&2 end and thought something was going on at first. Can't believe a beer is so important but "to each his own."

Is that where they were all going, well before half-time? I could see loads of people heading out of the Co-op 1&2 end and thought something was going on at first. Can't believe a beer is so important but "to each his own."
There was also something going on as there was a mass run of stewards heading out at the double