Shay could be returning to Bradford? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Shay could be returning to Bradford?

Septic Peg strikes: Apparently Mansfield have already made a tentative enquiry about the McCartan situation.

The strong rumour is that BC are trying to free up cash to try and get Doige in on loan. If that has any legs, then the article is clearly a bit of kite flying by BC.
Will people please stop rattling on and speculating about Doidge. Rules are clear that you are not allowed to play for more than 2 clubs in a single season. Given he has already played for FGR and Bolton, anyone suggesting he goes elsewhere is just wrong, or if he does then he cannot at competitively until next season.

Not sure what to make of McCartan but certainly think £100k isn’t the end of the world when you consider the money in football at the moment.

One things for sure, if we lose McCartan and are left with an Akinde / Rhead partnership and nothing else we are going to struggle to cling on to an automatic promotion place. Although Rhead is a useful plan B it’s absolute madness to think that he is a sufficient plan A for a team going for automatic promotion after one game up front with Akinde.

I’m just glad the club is in safe hands and not overly sentimental ones!

I agree with Notty. I still think McCartan is the better option though alongside a bigger striker.

Rhead's vision and touch will get the team goals as shown early on Saturday BUT McCartan can cut through defences rather than push through them.

He can also catch up after he has played flicks where with Rhead he is left behind to see if his good work gets results. Would be good to see more of the ball played into Rhead's feet though rather than onto his baldspot. Definite plan B

Can I see him playing in L1? Tough one. Saw him do very well against 2 championship defences and a Premier League defence over 4 games 2 years ago. Not ideal but a good plan B.

Be good to see him come on tomorrow and see if he can still beat PL defenders (in the air.)

I agree with Notty. I still think McCartan is the better option though alongside a bigger striker.

Rhead's vision and touch will get the team goals as shown early on Saturday BUT McCartan can cut through defences rather than push through them.

He can also catch up after he has played flicks where with Rhead he is left behind to see if his good work gets results. Would be good to see more of the ball played into Rhead's feet though rather than onto his baldspot. Definite plan B

Can I see him playing in L1? Tough one. Saw him do very well against 2 championship defences and a Premier League defence over 4 games 2 years ago. Not ideal but a good plan B.

Be good to see him come on tomorrow and see if he can still beat PL defenders (in the air.)

To play the ball into Rhrads feet he has to be mobile enough to gain a yard of space from a defender, therein lies his problem and why the ball gets fed to him in the air.

To play the ball into Rhrads feet he has to be mobile enough to gain a yard of space from a defender, therein lies his problem and why the ball gets fed to him in the air.

Several times this season (a couple early on Saturday) the ball was played into his feet and his flick / touch delivered an opening.

The difference between someone mobile like McCartan and someone not so mobile like Rhead is that the former can do the flick and then bust a gut to be in a better position after actioning.

I think we both agree that after that touch, Rhead is left behind unable to catch up.

I disagree he needs to be mobile to find space to make such moves. He does it with a defender up his 'arris.

We are both in agreement though. We both think Akinde/McCartan is the better option if available.

Will people please stop rattling on and speculating about Doidge. Rules are clear that you are not allowed to play for more than 2 clubs in a single season. Given he has already played for FGR and Bolton, anyone suggesting he goes elsewhere is just wrong, or if he does then he cannot at competitively until next season.

I suggest you mug up on the latest loan rules.

For what it's worth and I do stand to be corrected if a recent amendment has been made to the loan rulings, but my belief is that a player can be registered with 3 clubs during a season but only play for 2 in competitive matches.
Hence a number of loan players getting recalled to parent clubs only to be sent out again without appearing for said parent club.
So in the case of Doige a third club could sign and register him BUT not play him until next season as he's appeared for both FGR and Bolton.
I read this from FIFA's regulations so if an amendment has been made it has been largely unreported and is very well hidden

Bolton didn't include Doidge today unless he was cuptied or injured.
or has he been moved on and can't play.

Bolton didn't include Doidge today unless he was cuptied or injured.
or has he been moved on and can't play.
the loan-to-buy keeper involved in the bolton transfer embargo saga has returned to norwich.
all things being approximately equal, this means doidge could also go back to FGR, as his loan at bolton is now over, and he cannot currently be registered as a bolton player. not good news for us.

other fgr news:
their first choice keeper has gone back to brighton.