Serge Aurier - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Serge Aurier - Player Thread

Hope you are right, I see him as an accident waiting to happen with poor positioning sense.....IMO Foyth is the better so!ution, but tbh as long as we find a good solution I don't care who it is!

It's not 'his' poor positioning - most of the time what isn't happening is he and whoever the CB who is inside him are slightly 'out of sync' and are not reaidng each others game well and the other 3, when he pushes forward, are to slow to move across and become a 3.

Some work on the training ground, a stable back 4 and these issues will slowly disappear.

You can't see the connection for a player sold at a cut price by his club following suspension for behavioural issues... Others are seeing it plain as day.

Either way I'm not saying it was deliberate, but surprised you view him generally with such rose tinted glasses.

I just think that the ones that started this off (and it wasn't here thank God) had an agenda and fans are too quick to jump on his back, sure he has a history for being a young extremely well-paid kid, who was a tad immature - how many times have we seen that in the PL? He's paid his penance.

It doesn't make him the sort to diss his own fans; it was pure media baiting - and I can't believe how many bit.

Have you all seen the spit from the front ?

You realise it's got nothing to whether you were laying on the floor looking up his shorts or in the front row taking a microsecond of a video and seeing how many ways you can warp the intention of a microsecond spit don't you?

It's about 'intention' and he's killed that stone dead and been crystal clear about it.
I for one totally believe him, as even 'looking at it from the front' and spinning an interpretation is nothing more than the use of overactive fevered minds and absolute nonsense as his comments make clear, or of course a bright spark of a journo thinking how he could wind this up...

Watching again, it is just too sequenced with Winks jumping on his back for it to be anything other than phlegm leaving his mouth because of an involuntary cough / choke etc.

If it's not that then it's an evil genius who draws the adulation from his fans and uses a decoy like Winks to spit at them. Perhaps the players can use this party piece on Mike Dean when we get the chance :-)

Look at the Daily Mail photo from the front, his lips are pursed ready to spit, it does not look involuntary to me. If someone clouts you from the back, you might grimace or frown but not hold your head up high, look directly into the crowd and projectile gob a mass of spit out like that. Winksys hands were on top of his shoulders and Serge is a big strong unit well able to take Winksys weight and frame in his stride.
I am being devils avocado here, putting across an opinion, I don't know the truth, but if I had done it I might do a Prince Andrew and make up a load of shite to squirm out of it.
I apologise in advance if my interpretation is wrong or unfair.

Last edited:
Ok Ex so if KWP was doing an Instagram live with fans and he said that Jose and Kane were faggots and probably sucking each other off, as well as derogatory remarks about Dele and Son you'd say he's a tad immature?

Then if he got a suspended jail sentence for assaulting a police officer you'd say "how many times have we seen this before with young players"

Then KWP gets red carded or gives away a game at a more regular rate than any player in living memory for us, asks to leave because of personal issues, ends up staying but all his previous temperament issues are definitely gone after 2 decent games?

He's not a player who has earned the benefit of the doubt imo. It's not ridiculous to question his behaviour.

Look at the Daily Mail photo from the front, his lips are pursed ready to spit, it does not look involuntary to me. If someone clouts you from the back, you might grimace or frown but not hold your head up high, look directly into the crowd and projectile gob a mass of spit out like that. Winksys hands were on top of his shoulders and Serge is a big strong unit well able to take Winksys weight and frame in his stride.
I am being devils avocado here, putting across an opinion, I don't know the truth, but if I had done it I might do a Prince Andrew and make up a load of shite to squirm out of it.
I apologise in advance if my interpretation is wrong or unfair.

He's given his answer; you either believe him or you don't - I think your contention(s) is plainly ridiculous.

I'll leave you to it.

Ok Ex so if KWP was doing an Instagram live with fans and he said that Jose and Kane were faggots and probably sucking each other off, as well as derogatory remarks about Dele and Son you'd say he's a tad immature?

Then if he got a suspended jail sentence for assaulting a police officer you'd say "how many times have we seen this before with young players"

Then KWP gets red carded or gives away a game at a more regular rate than any player in living memory for us, asks to leave because of personal issues, ends up staying but all his previous temperament issues are definitely gone after 2 decent games?

He's not a player who has earned the benefit of the doubt imo. It's not ridiculous to question his behaviour.

Did you watch the periscope? it's crystal clear that he was 'in the moment' and thought he was being funny - sadly as so many do learn the hard way, he's had to learn that despite all the banter and egging on from his mates, his attempt at 'humour' with the fans was badly wrong.

So his judgement was flawed and he acted immaturely. The same can be said of the Police incident; he's learned that arguing with the Police was and is dumb, you can't win.

Anyway, this is all ancient history and I still think questioning a 'spit' when he was clearly celebrating is way over the top and extreme; can't see anything in it at all - which he has also made crystal clear that those of a mischievous mind who wanted to make it up, are wrong. That will do for me.

Imagine you were the one that got hit with his gob juice? Accident or not you wouldn't be happy would you?

The guy is a head case, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose.

Imagine you were the one that got hit with his gob juice? Accident or not you wouldn't be happy would you?

The guy is a head case, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose.

Go sit in the conspiracy nutters corner - there is a thread for it here somewhere!

Aha. EX you should come and sit in my Spin class at lunch time. Get rid of some testosterone.

You will need to take them rose tinted specs off though, you would be licking you're self to death again looking at you're own reflection. ;)

Aha. EX you should come and sit in my Spin class at lunch time. Get rid of some testosterone.

You will need to take them rose tinted specs off though, you would be licking you're self to death again looking at you're own reflection. ;)

ha ha, nice one - What do you think to Pelaton and spinstream? worth a try?

It's not 'his' poor positioning - most of the time what isn't happening is he and whoever the CB who is inside him are slightly 'out of sync' and are not reaidng each others game well and the other 3, when he pushes forward, are to slow to move across and become a 3.

Some work on the training ground, a stable back 4 and these issues will slowly disappear.

Yep sometimes that is it, and defensive work might sort it. But personally I think that he is caught out positionally far too much, and I am not sure he has the brain to get it. We shall see 👀....

ha ha, nice one - What do you think to Pelaton and spinstream? worth a try?

I haven't used a Spintream. But used a Peloton. Top notch machine.

The gyms I use though don't have the budget for them.

I do a lot of classes/ one on one training at Marblrough College, they use Watt bikes. They are beasty machines. 👍

He is a clown, I'd rather play KWP, better footballer by a country mile

My view on it is start owning RB as your primary position or get out of our club. He's clearly confused between Jose giving him freedom to join in with the attacking play and his primary role as a defender. He just walks or jogs back at times and isn't really showing enough commitment to his defensive responsibilities. A lot of it is on Jose's system, but the player himself has to step up defensively.