send this man down for murder - n/g | Vital Football

send this man down for murder - n/g

Totally agree. There is now the small matter of finding this creature and getting it to court and convicted.

Pure knee-jerk reactions without knowing the full facts.

Nevertheless, it does sound horrific and I can well understand the victim's family wanting some kind of justice. I wish them well.

Finding the alleged culprit is the first goal but, sadly, we're nearly two months on since the date of the incident so what chance of that?

Finding the alleged culprit is the first goal but, sadly, we're nearly two months on since the date of the incident so what chance of that?

Has he been identified? If not shirley that is the first goal? Though I agree, he needs to be found.

If it turns out he is guilty I'd agree that they should throw the book at him.

Sorry, I mean it would be would be near impossible to prove that he was the reason she caught covid 19.

You'd have to prove that he knowingly had covid when he spat on the poor woman, and then you'd have to prove that it was that specific encounter which led to her catching it, rather than the myriad other people she was in contact with in her job who may also have been infected.

Sorry, I mean it would be would be near impossible to prove that he was the reason she caught covid 19.

You'd have to prove that he knowingly had covid when he spat on the poor woman, and then you'd have to prove that it was that specific encounter which led to her catching it, rather than the myriad other people she was in contact with in her job who may also have been infected.
Thats my take in it too, sad but I think it would be very difficult to prove it was he who gave her the virus, especially as she works in an environment where she would come into contact with so many people.
Tracking him down would still allow for a charge of assault with intent to cause GBH which carries a similar sentence to attempted murder. Nowhere near what he deserves but would be a result of sorts.

Yes, as you and Nobby say. Would likely get away with it, same as the rogue cop who killed Tomlinson.

Btw, to be pedantic, it would likely be a manslaughter charge at best,even using the "take your victim as you find them" rule.

Utter scum btw.

CCTV at railway stations is exceptionally good and it`s difficult to imagine that British Transport Police doesn`t have crystal clear imagery of the offender. If he hasn`t already been identified then it shouldn`t take too long to find him once the imagery is released.

Yes, as you and Nobby say. Would likely get away with it, same as the rogue cop who killed Tomlinson.

Btw, to be pedantic, it would likely be a manslaughter charge at best,even using the "take your victim as you find them" rule.

Utter scum btw.
When you say "got away with it" do you actually mean "was found not guilty of manslaughter"? (I appreciate The Met acknowledged his actions caused Tomlinson's death)
Or are we playing "Don't let the truth get in the way of a convenient opinion"?
Were there not hundreds of other cases of "getting away with it" you could have quoted?
Does the reference even add to the discussion?
Obviously, I am in no way condoning nor defending Harwood's actions, he's clearly a thug but come on.

When you say "got away with it" do you actually mean "was found not guilty of manslaughter"? (I appreciate The Met acknowledged his actions caused Tomlinson's death)
Were there not hundreds of other cases of "getting away with it" you could have quoted?
Obviously, I am in no way condoning nor defending Harwood's actions, he's clearly a thug but come on.
It was the first case that came to mind that was comparable to this one in terms of not being able to prove direct cause if death.

No need to be "touchy" over the fact that it was a police officer. It wasn't a dig at the police. As you know even more than virtually anyone else on this board I am not anti police, particularly for personal family reasons. My 'contact' doesn't want to serve alongside the likes of Harwood and I'm certain you don't either.

Glad you jumped on '58 for that, nobs, cos I know you'd have been on me like a ton of bricks if I'd had the nerve to mention police 'getting away' with killing people, lol!

I was at the protest where Tomlinson was killed. I was in one of the squats that the police raided the next day. The evening after the protest but before the raid the squat was heaving as more and more people arrived back from the protest. There was a band playing when suddenly the music stopped and someone took the microphone. "We're hearing reports", she said, "that somebody has died at the protest today and we're hearing rumours that it's because he was attacked by the police". The mood changed and became sombre. The general feeling was that no matter what had exactly happened, the police would get away with it. And so it proved to be.

It's not anti-police to point out that there have been loads of deaths at the hands of the police and yet no officers ever get convicted. That's just the truth.

But it is off topic, so I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
Sorry I set him off Nobby. As you know, I am very pro police and certainly didn't mean to have a dig and start a thread moaning at them. It was genuinely the first case that came to mind.

Sorry I set him off Nobby. As you know, I am very pro police and certainly didn't mean to have a dig and start a thread moaning at them. It was genuinely the first case that came to mind.

I wasn't moaning about the police. I was moaning about the system.

I wasn't "jumping" or being "touchy" I just believe there is a difference between getting away with something and being found not guilty.
I would have thought the murderers of Suzy Lamplugh or Jill Dando would be nearer the top of most people's "got away with murder" lists.
Anyway, no offence taken, just thought it was a weird choice

I would have thought the murderers of Suzy Lamplugh or Jill Dando would be nearer the top of most people's "got away with murder" lists.

Why would you think that?

I'd not even heard of Suzy Lamplugh!

And the difference is that the police are supposed to protect us so it is even more shocking when they are responsible for the killing.

I'm at not having a go. You know I love you, nobs.