Second Lockdown | Vital Football

Second Lockdown

markinkent

Vital Football Hero
With the announcement imminent do we expect football to continue as is ?

It might as well. With the kids still at school then the potential risk of footballers continuing to play behind closed doors seems low.

I'm a supporter of the second lockdown. Its seems the only option. I'd have the kids off as well though. Not sure how effective it will be with the kids still at school, mixing and then coming home.

Need to do something though.

With the announcement imminent do we expect football to continue as is ?

It might as well. With the kids still at school then the potential risk of footballers continuing to play behind closed doors seems low.

I'm a supporter of the second lockdown. Its seems the only option. I'd have the kids off as well though. Not sure how effective it will be with the kids still at school, mixing and then coming home.

Need to do something though.
They said on the commentary today that even if we do go into lockdown next week, the Crewe game will still take place.

They said on the commentary today that even if we do go into lockdown next week, the Crewe game will still take place.

Lockdown would come into affect after Tuesday (Thursday according to some reports). What happens on Saturday ?

I think football will go on but will Bluewater shut ? Will B&Q be open ? Is it a a half-hearted lockdown or a proper one ?

Lets do a proper one and then relax a bit for Xmas and then go back into it in January and other months as we need to ease to transmission and protect the NHS.

They expect Lockdown to start on Thursday so Crewe game would not be affected.

Difference to first lockdown to be that schools and universities will stay open. With women in the age category 18-40 being one of the new groups most affected by the second wave, would that not include and be aggravated by, students? Just a thought.

Will bubbles still apply?

Lockdown would come into affect after Tuesday (Thursday according to some reports). What happens on Saturday ?

I think football will go on but will Bluewater shut ? Will B&Q be open ? Is it a a half-hearted lockdown or a proper one ?

Lets do a proper one and then relax a bit for Xmas and then go back into it in January and other months as we need to ease to transmission and protect the NHS.

Don't know we will find out at 5pm, although perhaps not all the finer details

Considering Xmas seems to start in October as far as many people are concerned, what exact period to you suggest that the rules are relaxed?

If it does start Thursday then expect the usual camera footage of partying numpties “ having it large” for one final time on Wednesday evening. If it makes that much of a difference and is that critical then why not from 10 pm tonight?

If only the medical and scientific experts advice had been heeded 6 weeks ago it could have coincided with half term and had much more of an effect.

Just a shame the government didn't follow the scientific advice they were given six weeks ago. Having a national lockdown when schools were shut Shirley would have made more economical sense and had more effect in reducing the spread of the virus.
A lockdown during half term would’ve been a better option, but I still feel this lockdown is in anticipation of the few days of bubble mixing over Christmas. At this period in time the hospitals aren’t near to being overwhelmed.

What gets me is people out today On social media lapping up this news of a 2nd lockdown. Right or wrong/late decision this’ll have a horrid impact on the economy and mental health across the country, not to mention other health conditions. Stop leaping around saying “he can’t even keep it secret! The press conference has been delayed by an hour! LOL!”

Yes. 2 week shutdown when it was advised a few weeks ago would have been as good or better than a month's worth now given the massive increase in infections/R rate etc. Horrendous problem to deal with but a decision bottled at the time. Late into lockdown again.

This is the point I don’t understand let’s get the numbers down prior to Christmas, have a great time over Christmas enjoy ourselves and after the numbers rise again go back into lock down to reduce the numbers again.

Let’s just do that stay at home for the next three years or until a vaccine has been found and furlough everyone.

It’s either get on with it or lock down we can’t have both.

The last lock down reduced the numbers but hasn’t stopped it, neither will this lock down

This is the point I don’t understand let’s get the numbers down prior to Christmas, have a great time over Christmas enjoy ourselves and after the numbers rise again go back into lock down to reduce the numbers again.

Let’s just do that stay at home for the next three years or until a vaccine has been found and furlough everyone.

It’s either get on with it or lock down we can’t have both.

The last lock down reduced the numbers but hasn’t stopped it, neither will this lock down
Would you be happy with a long enough lockdown and border closure in order to get Zero Covid? Or do you want us to say fuck it, and go all out to get her immunity ASAP?

Nothing will stop it at the moment. I believe it's a matter of judging how great a spread can be coped with. To keep it manageable we will need regular breaks/lockdowns I suppose.

Yes. 2 week shutdown when it was advised a few weeks ago would have been as good or better than a month's worth now given the massive increase in infections/R rate etc. Horrendous problem to deal with but a decision bottled at the time. Late into lockdown again.

Agreed, seems following the science when the government sees fit, not following the science. The government is clearly thinking it knows better than the scientists, backing their tiered system over a scientific recommended lockdown. Now everyone and the econcomy suffers for a prolonged period because of another delayed decision. Leadership my arse.

Think of it as a pressure release valve sturdy. As gills 58 says we will have to keep doing this until an effective vaccine is deployed.

Would you be happy with a long enough lockdown and border closure in order to get Zero Covid? Or do you want us to say fuck it, and go all out to get her immunity ASAP?

That’s my point, who knows the answer?

People do not follow guidelines, none of us want this but the chaos this causes is reducilous.

This doesn’t affect me as I am a key worker and have to carry on regardless

Lock-down the old giffers (OAPs) for four or five months, or as long as it takes to produce a vaccine. Give the giffers £35 per week extra in their pensions, to cover sundries - and as part incentive, it would net-save the Country a fortune and keep UK PLC running at the same time. Utilise the "temporary" Nightingale hospitals for exclusive use of giffers in relation to giffer related operations and treatment. Have all the younger, working age people get back to work and the kids back in school.

Harsh but necessary. Nothing else is going to make any difference, save for a two or three week reprieve each time the general public meander between "lock-downs.