Second half today | Vital Football

Second half today

Agree, couldn't fault the players today, gave their all. A bit more quality in the final third and we could have got a deserved point at least against a very strong side who had a numerical advantage since the 15th minute.

Play like that in the next 2 games and we should pick up 6 points.

We would have beaten them 11 v 11 in my opinion, we were clearly the better team with ten men in the 2nd half (good management from Cook).
Had Grigg started though I reckon we’d have been 1-0 up before the ten minute mark, great move and a poor finish from Vaughan.
Derby had one or two good players but overall look to be a group of fanny merchants;I’ve seen a lot better than them this season and wouldn’t bet on them to go up

What about that atrocious first half. Utter shite. Vaughan came off and it was hoofball to the hapless Windass. Up to around the 60th minute it was like a bad day for Joyce.
Credit due though we got on top and at least made an effort from then but as we were saying on the way out, the side that started today and the side that finished today would not have gained automatic promotion last season.

We would have beaten them 11 v 11 in my opinion, we were clearly the better team with ten men in the 2nd half (good management from Cook).
Had Grigg started though I reckon we’d have been 1-0 up before the ten minute mark, great move and a poor finish from Vaughan.
Derby had one or two good players but overall look to be a group of fanny merchants;I’ve seen a lot better than them this season and wouldn’t bet on them to go up
Good management is questionable. Starting without Grigg and Macca still on the bench. Substitutes brought on to sit on a 0-1 at home result. Granted there was some spirit shown in the second half but only one thing to say after that is 'three very winnable points thrown away'.

How wrong you are Jeff. Cooky's substitutions kept us in the game in the first half and gave us the chance to Nick a point. I agree Grigg may have scored from a great move but after the sending off they were battering us and could have got panfull If the manager hadn't earned his pay. In the end I thought we were very unlucky not to get the point we deserved

We still lost with his Yootha like tactics. Why replace Vaughan up top with Windass then revert to hoofball. I can understand what you mean and can understand why he did it but the only thing it did was keep the score down.

Absolutely top class management by Cook today. Kept his cool after the sending off, gave it a few minutes to assess the damage and acted with good judgement to shore up the midfield and re-shuffle at the back to get us to half time. He could have panicked and thrown someone on straight away but didn't he let the play continue and stood back and looked at were we were under pressure before a double substitution. He had to make the decision on who to sacrifice between Windass and Vaughan and I personally think he made the right decision given the atmosphere because I think Vaughan would have overcommitted himself and got carded or sent off.

The introduction of Gibson allowed us to go three at the back and push Evans and Morsy forward to cut off their supply from midfield which was causing us problems, and it worked. They hardly mustered an attack after the break and as we wrestled control of midfield from them we took the ascendancy. Dan Burn was immense today and looks to be recapturing the form that brought him to Brightons attention. Morsy looks a different player when he is allowed license to get forward, but he still needs to control his tongue as his berating of officials is going to get him into trouble again.

All in all I thought we were the better side over the 90 minutes and but for some poor finishing by Vaughan and James could have won the points today. I came away from the game being disappointed, not by the performance, but by the result. If we play like this for the rest of the season and continue to press teams we will win more than we lose and ensure our safety in the division.

A real tale of two halves for me today. First half, having missed a sitter, we had to deal with the sending off and were a shambles. I have rarely seen us enjoy only 25% possession - at home. We were terrible.

Second half, at least we demonstrated some passion and had a go, but without very much skill. Windass continues to steal a living in my view and we are devoid of much guile in midfield.

Some of the Derby players were a disgrace and the referee a joke. How Wilson remained on the pitch I have no idea.

I continue to be be bemused about the absence of Macmanan. EVERY time he has come on he has made things happen and I just don’t understand why Cook won’t play him.

We were missing 5 first team regulars today and it did not half show.

Can’t question the commitment, but I do question our ability to score goals and if we don’t score we won’t win games.

Good management is questionable. Starting without Grigg and Macca still on the bench. Substitutes brought on to sit on a 0-1 at home result. Granted there was some spirit shown in the second half but only one thing to say after that is 'three very winnable points thrown away'.
Starting with the same team that in the last home game and beat Blackburn 3-1 with the conditions we had to play in today is "questionable good management"??
As others have said some people must be ecstatic that they can have a moan about another loss.
We would be champions by now if you were Manager no doubt (In your mind anyway)

Mc Manaman is a luxury player. He offers nothing in defence and at present with the injuries, is a risk to start, I have no doubts that he will be very much in the managers mind when the injuries clear up and we can get back to playing the way Paul Cook wants to play, the way we started the season playing. Be patient he will force his way into the team.

Vaughan should have scored.
Naismith sending off was soft
Wilson tupping Morsy was red
Second half, we were brill
James shudda scored
The Ref was shite
They all gave their all
Keep that up and we'll be fine
Frank Lampard's diving, whinging, cheating BASTARDS.
UTFT.
?