Season tickets Poll and opinions about off pitch issues. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season tickets Poll and opinions about off pitch issues.

Season tickets - what option are you.

• renew

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • not going to renew

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • undecided - pending outcome of cashflow issues

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My post was a little tongue in cheek mate, hence the winky emoji.

However I am sure you will see the irony of in one post claiming that you are not going to renew because of issues within the clubs management and then reversing that stance by encouraging others to renew even though they have doubts about the same management.

Opinions change as I say, and to be honest I am glad to see that you accept that, and I agree that the club needs our support more now than ever and as such I will be renewing as soon as possible. (y)

My issue was with the manager, not the management of the club - though acknowledge it’s interlinked given they saw fit to appoint him. Couldn’t stomach watching us with that incompetent in charge. It now beggars belief given the financial issues that they saw fit to waste all this money on giving out new contracts, then paying compo to bring people in, only to have to sack then relatively quickly to ineptitude and hiring someone else. Utterly ludicrous.

I've voted undecided.

I was ready to renew on the early bird offer in 1 full installment before season tickets were pulled.

After all the crap that's happened since,I want to hear from both the owner and chairman via an honest,detailed video message as to what the hells going on and how they plan to fix it before I part with any of my hard earned cash.

Ideally they need to come to Wigan to face the fans,explain the situation and answer questions honestly after trust has been eroded.

But I can't see that happening,certainly not Mr Al Jasmi anyway.If not maybe they could answer fans questions and concerns put to them via a video interview with someone from the club like Tommy Gore who did the fans forum.Fans could email in their questions and concerns and Tommy could put those to the both of them.

If i'm satisfied with what they have to say i'll renew like I do every season,but this latest debacle has certainly put me off paying in 1 installment.Cos obviously if the worst where to happen and we went into administration i'd then lose all that money,which could've been used towards a separate fund to help save the club.

So i'll be paying on the monthly installment option over 8 months if I feel more reassured about the future.

I'm going to do what Moonay suggested and reply to the season ticket email with my views on the matter.

Haven't had an email as yet from the club re ST renewal but as most have said & put quite well btw I'd like an honest upfront video message from owners / board etc about the situation we are in & their future plans before renewing either by the instalment plan or a credit card.
Does anyone think or have interest in perhaps a collective letter from posters on here stating our concerns, worries & fears to be sent to the club...perhaps our 'wordsmith' Moonay could draft one for us all to sign???

To be honest at this point if the owners did put out a statement I wouldn't believe what they said. They just say what people want to hear and we've got to stop being so naive to believe it when they've destroyed their own credability so often.

If the owners cared the situation wouldn't have played out like this, with no transparency, broken promises and them going hiding.

Haven't had an email as yet from the club re ST renewal but as most have said & put quite well btw I'd like an honest upfront video message from owners / board etc about the situation we are in & their future plans before renewing either by the instalment plan or a credit card.
Does anyone think or have interest in perhaps a collective letter from posters on here stating our concerns, worries & fears to be sent to the club...perhaps our 'wordsmith' Moonay could draft one for us all to sign???

I'm not sure a letter works any more than responding to an email Jock. If you haven't had yours yet, just send summat to
set@wiganathletic.com
and
info@wiganathletic.com
and
feedback@wiganathletic.com

Feel free to copy/paste mine, or tweak it to make it match your own thoughts.

I think the idea of a letter from the fans is a good idea mate, however I think it would carry more weight if it had the backing of both the official fan club and our local MP. Both were very instrumental in vetting the new owners, as per their statements in admin, but seem very quiet at the moment when there is so much going on.

Perhaps those with connections to Ms Nandy could approach her and ask her to intervene on behalf of her constituents who if all this does go tits up will suffer from loss of jobs and wages.

That's a very good idea Jock.

I think the idea of a letter from the fans is a good idea mate, however I think it would carry more weight if it had the backing of both the official fan club and our local MP. Both were very instrumental in vetting the new owners, as per their statements in admin, but seem very quiet at the moment when there is so much going on.

Perhaps those with connections to Ms Nandy could approach her and ask her to intervene on behalf of her constituents who if all this does go tits up will suffer from loss of jobs and wages.
Another good option

I sent this reply to the club re: season ticket renewal
, it’s fairly similar to what was suggested
I have said I will pay for my season ticket in full, however as I suspect many other fans are saying, I would like to know what is happening at the club financially before I commit my hard earned money. I don’t know if I’m just giving the money to administrators or not, we need some clarity.

I realise you as an employee of the club are in a more serious situation than me and I stand with you in wanting sone answers from the owners

I sent this reply to the club re: season ticket renewal
, it’s fairly similar to what was suggested
I have said I will pay for my season ticket in full, however as I suspect many other fans are saying, I would like to know what is happening at the club financially before I commit my hard earned money. I don’t know if I’m just giving the money to administrators or not, we need some clarity.

I realise you as an employee of the club are in a more serious situation than me and I stand with you in wanting sone answers from the owners

Kenny, I think I am right in thinking that you know our local MP. If so could you please speak or e.mail her and ask her to intervene. She was quite active in the admin period and apparently met the new owners before they took over. Perhaps she could ask the questions we all want answers to.

Now that a statement has been given by Talal

I have altered the vote now so that you can alter your view.

personally I see nothing in the statement - other than sorry, we messed up - no indication on how the long term funding is in place to keep the club running.

There is no funding in place, no matter what spin they put on it. Rich people, the really rich people have ways of moving money around and making it appear however they want it to. These people saw a football club around the corner from Man Utd, City and Liverpool and for the price they paid, thought it would be easy to make it work. What they encountered though was a black hole when it comes to holding money inside of it and now they are trying everything they can to get out but trying to appease the locals in the meantime so they can snatch away a few million in season ticket sales before they go.

There is no funding in place, no matter what spin they put on it. Rich people, the really rich people have ways of moving money around and making it appear however they want it to. These people saw a football club around the corner from Man Utd, City and Liverpool and for the price they paid, thought it would be easy to make it work. What they encountered though was a black hole when it comes to holding money inside of it and now they are trying everything they can to get out but trying to appease the locals in the meantime so they can snatch away a few million in season ticket sales before they go.

Maybe these are just rich people Frankel ... not the really rich. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, ... I guess you're right ... they forego £16m of debt, and then snatch back a couple of million on STs. :hmmm:

:LOL:

Maybe these are just rich people Frankel ... not the really rich. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, ... I guess you're right ... they forego £16m of debt, and then snatch back a couple of million on STs. :hmmm:

:LOL:

How much did the Chinese take back? Yes a couple of million after the realisation that there is no way whatsoever of recouping 16m is better than nothing. You can be as condescending as you like to me. Water off a ducks, only I'm not like your usual prey, I can fight fire with fire. Being gullible regarding these owners is still yet to bear fruit for you and you are exactly the type of fan they hoped everyone else was. A rich person could have half a million quid in assets, then another could have multiple businesses and multiple revenue avenues across many countries and many banks. You knew what I meant but you thought it would be easier to try and get a cheap laugh and sit in the ivory tower and cast your finger of scorn upon anyone that (not so much has a different view) but a view in general as you don't have one about anything. For somebody with so much faux intellect you'd think you could wade in with an opinion every so often as opposed to trying to ridicule anyone else for having theirs. I sit here laughing at your posts and feel for the poor sods you manage to reel in.

How much did the Chinese take back? Yes a couple of million after the realisation that there is no way whatsoever of recouping 16m is better than nothing. You can be as condescending as you like to me. Water off a ducks, only I'm not like your usual prey, I can fight fire with fire. Being gullible regarding these owners is still yet to bear fruit for you and you are exactly the type of fan they hoped everyone else was. A rich person could have half a million quid in assets, then another could have multiple businesses and multiple revenue avenues across many countries and many banks. You knew what I meant but you thought it would be easier to try and get a cheap laugh and sit in the ivory tower and cast your finger of scorn upon anyone that (not so much has a different view) but a view in general as you don't have one about anything. For somebody with so much faux intellect you'd think you could wade in with an opinion every so often as opposed to trying to ridicule anyone else for having theirs. I sit here laughing at your posts and feel for the poor sods you manage to reel in.

Why do you mention the Chinese? Surely, your comment was about the Bahrainis?

Do you seriously believe that they'd do the £16m debt conversion, and then snatch £2m back? .... :slap:

Sorry if you feel it's condescending, but I don't know how else to react. Surely you can see for yourself that giving 16 to get 2 back is not a particularly likely thing to happen.

As for the rest of your ramble ... what on earth are you on about?

Last edited: