Season Tickets 2022/23 | Vital Football

Season Tickets 2022/23

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
I couldn't help but notice that Horwich have put their Season Tickets on sale already, very conveniently timed with them on a good run of form, which to their credit is good marketing.

With the upcoming 54% rise in energy bills, it may be a smart strategy for Latics to get our own season tickets for next season on sale sooner rather than later as I suspect many of our supporters will have a lot less disposable income to spend within the next couple of months.

The league we're in to me isn't really relevant, as I wouldn't have expected a big price rise if we were in the Championship, plus with us being in a great position in the table and the feel-good factor around the place, fans may be more inclined to buy now if season tickets on sale, whereas if we put them sale following us bottling promotion, folk may be less inclined to buy.

I think the best time to put tickets on sale is when optimism is highest and hopefully that will be at the end of a successful season.

If we are able to get promotion a big launch then will probably be the peak in fan enthusiasm.

If I was the club if we won the league I'd do a big free celebration like we did last time we won L1 with fan meet and greets, player of the year presentations, etc and combine that with the launch of the new season tickets to try and capture the imagination of the more casual fans into making the commitment in the feel good moment.

Beginning of May would be the best time to do it, unless of course promotion "has" 🙏 been guaranteed by sometime in April with the launch of a very tempting "early bird" offer.

I suspect that Bolton's decision to put their ST's for 22/23 on sale now is more to do with the fact that they need a quick cash injection than any clever marketing strategy

It's also an admission that they think there is now no chance of promotion. I wonder what Evatt makes of that.

Bolton can flog their STs now as they are mid-table and pretty much nailed on to be playing L1 football next season, so all they are doing is getting cash onto the balance sheet earlier than usual.

I doubt we'll see early bird renewals before there's a clear indication as to whether promotion is a reality.
Do you think there will be much difference in sales if we are promoted and hike the price up?

I think they'll be similar, possibly even frozen. My worry is that the energy bill hike in April may well hit our numbers significantly. Wiganers do not have disposable income and will have to make sacrifices with season tickets for a home owner and his kids likely to be one of those. The club needs to be aware of this.

I think they'll be similar, possibly even frozen. My worry is that the energy bill hike in April may well hit our numbers significantly. Wiganers do not have disposable income and will have to make sacrifices with season tickets for a home owner and his kids likely to be one of those. The club needs to be aware of this.
The worst of the weather will have been & gone by April, so next season shouldn’t be too bad considering energy bills are extremely low during the Summer months anyway.
2023/24 season maybe a problem, but the way things are going it won't matter, if WW3 starts we'll all be dead anyway 😳🤣🤣🤣

I reckon any choice of Sky TV, Mobile contracts, Alcohol, fags and takeaways will get dumped before paying for energy bills so we can still get to the Latics.