Season Ticket Renewal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Renewal

e mail from the club ..... you can get your money back for the missed games and cancel DDs until March and start again or keep coughing up and put to next years ST . I know what I am gonna do !

Paid in full in Feb 20 to watch games ending in May 22 !!!

As you are a season ticket holder who has paid in full for your 2020-21 season ticket, this money will be held by the club and used to automatically renew your season ticket for the 2021-22 season.

If you wish to receive a full refund, you can request to do so and the payment for your 2020-21 season ticket will be refunded in full but you will not be entitled to access any of the above benefits.

I’m thinking that I would be paying for my season ticket whatever. I’m lucky enough to be in full-time employment and in a job that has no redundancy threat, which I’m very grateful for.
So, I think this means that I don’t have to pay for next season and will get ifollow codes for matches in the meantime.
The club get to use my money while there are no crowds coming through the door. I’m okay with that but everyone’s got different circumstances...

I’m thinking that I would be paying for my season ticket whatever. I’m lucky enough to be in full-time employment and in a job that has no redundancy threat, which I’m very grateful for.
So, I think this means that I don’t have to pay for next season and will get ifollow codes for matches in the meantime.
The club get to use my money while there are no crowds coming through the door. I’m okay with that but everyone’s got different circumstances...
I believe it to be the only sensible way forward in these unknown times. Probably the reason the club are not spending from their sales as they want to be still in business when hopefully we all come through the other side. Profits made will pay for all of the missed revenue.

Another reason for the Smiffs to sell to someone who can afford to take a financial hit. Their selfish solution is to use supporters money to pay for games they are not watching without players they have sold.
How long with that strategy last ?

Just got another letter through post. How much money do they waste doing this ?

Having read it carefully, the situation appears to be that if you want a full refund on Season Ticket not only do you miss out on watching home games free on tv, but also sacrifice the opportunity of getting a 21 / 22 ST.

That is totally unfair. Bribery for them to keep the money which I was going to do anyway.

Quite a threatening little letter that I received today as well. I was going to cancel until next season and get my money back , but the charming threat of not being guaranteed a ST for next season has forced me to change my mind

Last edited:
Quite a threatening little letter that I received today as well. I was going to cancel until next season and get my money back , but the charming threat of not being guaranteed a ST for next season has forced me to change my mind
I would have bought a ticket next season anyway (so thats now done). Also, I get to watch all the behind closed doors games home and midweek away on tv for free.

I think the Smiffs are in for a shock next season.
My late father gave up on his ST, even after we got to prem a few years ago
as he was struggling with getting to ground etc and there are many elderly
fans who may well be thinking the same.
Add Covid and fans get into a habit of not going.

There will not be a waiting list and I feel they may be down to say 15000
ST holders especially with the lack of ambition and mid table position and crap football being dished out such as first 2 home games.

I can’t say I feel as keen as I was to be setting off to the football on a freezing cold winter night , or travelling on a 500 mile round trip for an away in NW England like I have always done . Maybe if the Board ,and especially the owners , had a single crumb of enthusiasm, fight , desire and sheer hunger for success then I would still be keen to go

I pay for 2 season tickets by DD Monthly, I intend to cancel both of mine and renew in March...I have no problems with that as my letter says I can cancel and receive a full refund and request to reserve my seats and the club will hold them until the sales window in March to repurchase for the 2021-22 season which is contradictory to what the next paragraph reads!!
I am not excited about iFollow any way as I can watch all Footie for free on my Smart TV, as for losing club shop benefits..Devastated of course:rofl:

I pay for 2 season tickets by DD Monthly, I intend to cancel both of mine and renew in March...I have no problems with that as my letter says I can cancel and receive a full refund and request to reserve my seats and the club will hold them until the sales window in March to repurchase for the 2021-22 season which is contradictory to what the next paragraph reads!!
I am not excited about iFollow any way as I can watch all Footie for free on my Smart TV, as for losing club shop benefits..Devastated of course:rofl:
What type of Smart TV are you using FFL ?