Season Ticket Pricing Presentation | Page 6 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Pricing Presentation

I'll just give a quick snippet of how the meeting went as KDZ will put it alot better than I can as he was making lots of notes.
Around 16 people attended with about 6/8 people from the club.
As some will already have seen, the presentation is already out there & think the general feeling was that it's a good pricing structure, especially the 0% rise for Early bird. Good kids prices & cheaper prices for behind the goal to try & increase crowds there.
Sadly no family season ticket & they may look at ticket bundles as the season progresses but not to the overall detriment of ST holders.
The monthly instalments for season ticket will attract a £7.50 admin fee.
The Man U ticket fiasco was discussed & they held their hands up in not engaging more with supporters. Communication was also discussed saying they need to improve that, are working on it & would like to involve more fans. It was imo an interesting & worthwhile presentation / communication exercis....if they can involve / interact with more fans that would also be a plus.
Hopefully KDZ can give u all a more precise rundown.

I'll just give a quick snippet of how the meeting went as KDZ will put it alot better than I can as he was making lots of notes.
Around 16 people attended with about 6/8 people from the club.
As some will already have seen, the presentation is already out there & think the general feeling was that it's a good pricing structure, especially the 0% rise for Early bird. Good kids prices & cheaper prices for behind the goal to try & increase crowds there.
Sadly no family season ticket & they may look at ticket bundles as the season progresses but not to the overall detriment of ST holders.
The monthly instalments for season ticket will attract a £7.50 admin fee.
The Man U ticket fiasco was discussed & they held their hands up in not engaging more with supporters. Communication was also discussed saying they need to improve that, are working on it & would like to involve more fans. It was imo an interesting & worthwhile presentation / communication exercis....if they can involve / interact with more fans that would also be a plus.
Hopefully KDZ can give u all a more precise rundown.
All sounds fair enough that.

On the point I've bolded. I think you've been to previous meetings. Didn't they say exactly the same at those too ?

Any faith that it will improve ?

Last edited:
One suggestion I’d have is looking at what Preston do with offering up to 4 free under 11 season tickets with every adult ticket purchased.

Perhaps having some kind of membership scheme for those who can’t commit to a season ticket would be an idea too as matchday pricing is expensive. If they paid say £20 a season they could then get cheaper matchday tickets.
Their adult season tickets are also cheaper than ours and with the shite we have suffered watching this season we are going to have to sharpen the pencil if Maloney is going to dish out his brand of shite again.

The meeting was about 90 mins and lead by Lucas Danson with lots of opportunity for questionsand suggestions. There were probably about 15 -20 fans and other people from the club in the meeting from various different roles.

The clubs already put a lot of the main points out but some of the other things discussed:

- Lucas has a successful business career and is focused on bringing data analytics to the club to help improve on and off the pitch.

- the ownership are very ambitious to go up to the Championship and eventually the Prem. But it must be done in a way that won't put the clubs financial future at risk like the last 2 ownerships did.

- a large part of the budget being tied up in high wages has made this season challenging but they are optimistic that without any restrictions next season they can put together a strong side.

- the playing budget is set for next season and a list of targets identified.

- CEO recruitment is ongoing.

- Administration a few years ago lost years of data about the past ticket sales and the previous ticketing system had issues so they haven't inherited much data to work with. So they are gathering it now as they go and as it builds up it will help them to more effectively strategise. The data is going to be a big part of how we work going forward. Warriors also had a lack of decent data when they arrived.

- There are currently 6k season ticket holders. They average about 5k on the day ticket sales. But not all season ticket holders attend every game.

- They have been looking at what other L1 clubs have been doing and our prices are very competitive and in some cases much cheaper than other top end L1 clubs.

- There are a lot of plans they are exploring to improve attendance, infrastructure and increase revenues beyond what was shared today.

- The delay in the launch of the full Ticketmaster site was an issue at TM's end but it should be sorted out now.

- They have learned a lot from the issues Warriors faced on their season ticket launch and their issues shouldn't repeat for our launch.

- There will be incentives and promotions for individual games but they will ensure that they don't undercut the value of season tickets.

- Last season the season ticket renewal deadline kept getting extended due to all of the off field issues. But this year it will be a 2 month window that will not be extended.

- There is a big focus on trying to bring in the next generation of Latics fans which is reflective in the pricing.

- There is a kids club scheme in the works.

- They work with over 100 schools and have incentives planned with the aim to get thousands more kids to attend.

- No family season ticket this season but it is being considered. But may be offers for family's to individual games.

- the Warriors pension tickets being at 60 and us being at 65 is down to completely different marketing strategies for different sports. Most football sides pension tickets start at 65.

- No joint season ticket options with Warriors this season.

- Safe standing has been considered but it's not currently on the horizon.

- Disabled supporters should be able to buy tickets via the new website and link accounts with carers.

- There are no plans to do reciprocal ticketing prices with other clubs.

- Away ticket priority is going to be a points based system, you will get points for season ticket, fans fund, individual match tickets that add up.

- They want to improve the match day experience and make food and drink options better, plus improve off pitch entertainment and fan zone so people want to come earlier and stay later.

- They realise the importance of communicating with the fans and will hold more meetings like this. They want to prove themselves to the fans through their actions.

Overall i think it was an interesting and positive meeting and it was reassuring to hear about the plans for the club moving forward on and off the field.

Jock please let me know if you disagree with my interpretation of anything or want to add anything I've missed.

The meeting was about 90 mins and lead by Lucas Danson with lots of opportunity for questionsand suggestions. There were probably about 15 -20 fans and other people from the club in the meeting from various different roles.

The clubs already put a lot of the main points out but some of the other things discussed:

- Lucas has a successful business career and is focused on bringing data analytics to the club to help improve on and off the pitch.

- the ownership are very ambitious to go up to the Championship and eventually the Prem. But it must be done in a way that won't put the clubs financial future at risk like the last 2 ownerships did.

- a large part of the budget being tied up in high wages has made this season challenging but they are optimistic that without any restrictions next season they can put together a strong side.

- Administration a few years ago lost years of data about the past ticket sales and the previous ticketing system had issues so they haven't inherited much data to work with. So they are gathering it now as they go and as it builds up it will help them to more effectively strategise. The data is going to be a big part of how we work going forward. Warriors also had a lack of decent data when they arrived.

- There are currently 6k season ticket holders. They average about 5k on the day ticket sales. But not all season ticket holders attend every game.

- They have been looking at what other L1 clubs have been doing and our prices are very competitive and in some cases much cheaper than other top end L1 clubs.

- There are a lot of plans they are exploring to improve attendance, infrastructure and increase revenues beyond what was shared today.

- The delay in the launch of the full Ticketmaster site was an issue at TM's end but it should be sorted out now.

- They have learned a lot from the issues Warriors faced on their season ticket launch and their issues shouldn't repeat for our launch.

- There will be incentives and promotions for individual games but they will ensure that they don't undercut the value of season tickets.

- Last season the season ticket renewal deadline kept getting extended due to all of the off field issues. But this year it will be a 2 month window that will not be extended.

- There is a big focus on trying to bring in the next generation of Latics fans which is reflective in the pricing.

- They work with over 100 schools and have incentives planned with the aim to get thousands more kids to attend.

- No family season ticket this season but it is being considered. But may be offers for family's to individual games.

- the Warriors pension tickets being at 60 and us being at 65 is down to completely different marketing strategies for different sports. Most football sides pension tickets start at 65.

- Disabled supporters should be able to buy tickets via the new website and link accounts with carers.

- Away ticket priority is going to be a points based system, you will get points for season ticket, fans fund, individual match tickets that add up.

- They want to improve the match day experience and make food and drink options better, plus improve off pitch entertainment and fan zone so people want to come earlier and stay later.

- They realise the importance of communicating with the fans and will hold more meetings like this. They want to prove themselves to the fans through their actions.

Overall i think it was an interesting and positive meeting and it was reassuring to hear about the plans for the club moving forward on and off the field.

Jock please let me know if you disagree with my interpretation of anything or want to add anything I've missed.
Excellent KDZ and thanks to both you and Jock for giving your time on our behalf, it is very much appreciated and I know others will echo this sentiment.

All sounds very good, apart from the CEO not being sorted, that's a concern. Don't mind them not committing to reciprocal ticketing, but hope if there's a decent one or 2, we do reciprocate on prices

Nothing for me to add there KDZ.....spot on ( anyone would think you'd been to the meeting 😉😂)

All sounds very good, apart from the CEO not being sorted, that's a concern. Don't mind them not committing to reciprocal ticketing, but hope if there's a decent one or 2, we do reciprocate on prices

I think Lucas mentioned Ben Goodburn was meant to be there tonight but was out interviewing someone.

Jeff, I'm sure you'd moan even if ur ST was free, hand delivered by Mr Danson himself along with a voucher for free beer....
I pay on the day and that wasnt moaning. Nob End sold season tickets cheaper than us and Maloneys brand of football is dire. Sort of true really but much gratitude to both you and KDZ for your efforts and representations. Very uch appreciateď and the points that have come out are interesting. Hopefully the communication will continue to improve. Well done both of you.

Excellent, senior, early bird one for me.

It could be worth getting my Coventry supporting grandson a ticket next to me, so I have the luxury of a bit more space.

Thanks KDZ & Jock

Last edited:
The pricing seems fair enough to me but I doubt it’ll do much to attract many new season ticket holders, I know that would be a difficult thing to do anyway with how tight Wiganers can be!

The only thing that’ll change for me is I won’t bother buying the kids season tickets due to the number of night matches we ended up having. They miss the odd weekend game but generally go, I don’t take them to night games though. I’d say they’ve been to about 8 games this season which means committing to a season ticket doesn’t really save any money, I’ll just buy them match tickets instead if they want to go. I’ve no issue with the free tickets being given out to kids in the community but it’d have been nice that as a paying supporter your own kids were entitled to one as well (sorry for being a moaning git).

Really good write-up, thanks. Sounds really positive. I’m a lot more optimistic and good to see your later post on Lucas Danson being invested in the future of the club

Really good write-up, thanks. Sounds really positive. I’m a lot more optimistic and good to see your later post on Lucas Danson being invested in the future of the club

It was discussed last night that the previous 2 owners have understandably made some fans less trusting, so i think having meetings like this are very good for helping to establish a relationship and build trust between the fans and new ownership.

We've seen plenty of times over the years that if there is a lack of communication rumours can appear that cause concern. This is especially unhelpful to everyone if the rumours are completely false in the first place.

You'll still always get some folks who make up stories to try and get attention but if the fan base has the ability to talk to the club and get information directly once every few months, it'll hopefully minimise that.