Season Card Renewals........13% | Vital Football

Season Card Renewals........13%

BlackGold

Vital 1st Team Regular
13% is how much my ST will increase.

Not too bad.

If you sit in the shit/cheap seats, then 13% of fu*k all, is still f**k all.

Expect all you pseuds to renew without hindthought.
As you, and I, can lord it over the hoi polloi on a Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sunday night;
Given we, the chosen few, had the good luck, grace and fortitude to tough it out in the dark times.

You (not too expensive) Reds!

13% is how much my ST will increase.

Not too bad.

If you sit in the shit/cheap seats, then 13% of fu*k all, is still f**k all.

Expect all you pseuds to renew without hindthought.
As you, and I, can lord it over the hoi polloi on a Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sunday night;
Given we, the chosen few, had the good luck, grace and fortitude to tough it out in the dark times.

You (not too expensive) Reds!

Just edited the thread title, to save me having to merge later.

Also added the price structure diagram.

Personally, I think this is a poor move from Forest - especially, with the chance that we may still be relegated.

They have changed youth definition too, so we now have 4 adult SC's in Zone 2.... and the way that I've read it, IF you want to move - you have to renew at the the Zone 2 price initially.

Forest are shooting themselves in the foot over this. There used to be an early window (reduced price) or an end of season window. Now there is no choice. We may be one of the cheaper clubs in the PL, but we could also be one of the most expensive in the Championship.

Loyalty is one thing, but I must admit that my principle of never having a Sky subscription has gone. Given the choice between paying £40 or £50, or watching the game down the pub or on Sky, I now go for the cheaper option.

Forest are shooting themselves in the foot over this. There used to be an early window (reduced price) or an end of season window. Now there is no choice. We may be one of the cheaper clubs in the PL, but we could also be one of the most expensive in the Championship.

Loyalty is one thing, but I must admit that my principle of never having a Sky subscription has gone. Given the choice between paying £40 or £50, or watching the game down the pub or on Sky, I now go for the cheaper option.
but thats how it should be. we arent entitled to anything, I cant afford to go to F1 every 2 weeks.
Im shocked at the vitriol and folk should remind people like forza to focus on posters not politics and they do not speak for everybody. Its essentially about a poxy 3 quid a week rise over a full year for your main passion.
Having said that I do want a cheap entry options for under 16's, thats what got me started

but thats how it should be. we arent entitled to anything, I cant afford to go to F1 every 2 weeks.
Im shocked at the vitriol and folk should remind people like forza to focus on posters not politics and they do not speak for everybody. Its essentially about a poxy 3 quid a week rise over a full year for your main passion.
Having said that I do want a cheap entry options for under 16's, thats what got me started
For some, its £7/8 a week.

Whilst not much over the year, i suppose, asking for an extra £400 with 2 weeks notice could be tricky for some.

I have never had a season ticket, don't live in Nottingham and was not going to get one.
Also watching football is not a necessity, like food or housing. This is a leisure activity. The underlying costs ti the provider ( the club) are linked to very considerable inflationary pressures, and although ticket money is a small percentage of overall revenue, that would change, as others have said, if Forest are in the Championship .

My comments are though:
(1) in the Premier League, you get 19 games , at between £30 and £45 per game, dependent in place. If Forest are relegated, less glamorous football, but 4 more matches, so less per game.
(2) Unlike the cheap old days, the club now has effective resale mechanisms, so if you don't go to a match, you get money for your place and it is not wasted:
(3) the zoning categories seem a bit odd. I would much rather be Lower Clough central zone 2 than any zone 1. Also Capital One corner or whatever it is now called is zone 4, but that is actually a great place to be ( though perhaps that is because being cheaper, more loud/ singing fans went there).
(4) I am going to watch Everton v Forest on Sunday, as I am working in Liverpool next week. I bought a ticket through a scalping agency. The face value on the ticket ( which is Lower Gwladys, I.e equivalent to Trent End Lower) is £55. And that is to watch Everton, poor football in a poor city. By that metric, none of this seems too bad.
(5) I shall be very disappointed if Forza Forest, whose displays make the stadium that bit more intimidating to away teams, withdraw their efforts at such a crucial time.

Last edited:

I didn't say they can't do what they want, and I'm not being vitriolic, I'm just pointing out the facts. Football is very poor value for money even before the price increase. It relies on loyal fans. We have a vast pool of fans at the moment, so the club don't seem to value them. Get relegated and thousands of the fans will vanish, particularly if we don't come straight.

Unless I can get an Upper Trent season ticket again, I will stick to watching as many home games as possible on tv, and just pay £40 for the others, which I guess will be even more next season.

People only usually go to F1 once a year, and to be honest you would have to pay me to go there anyway !

U.K. Grand Prix standard ticket for race day £700. That will buy you 19 games plus preference for others. You can see the whole game and not just 200 yards of track. Which is more value.