Seasiders v Cobblers Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Seasiders v Cobblers Match Thread

So typical Blackpool! We score a fantastic equaliser courtesy of a brilliant header by Rhodes then we instantly lose our forward momentum! Husband fucks it up at the back and hey presto, we're behind again. Got what we deserved in the end; nothing. And HOW did Dale miss that header at the death? If only it'd have fallen to ANYONE else......

I'm still yet to be convinced by Beesley as Rhodes strike partner. I think we'd be better off starting Joseph alongside him thus allowing Dembele more freedom as he's snubbed off the ball too much presently having to work harder due to Beesley's inadequacies.

Bitterly cold night sat in the stands and a bitterly disappointing display. After the Lord Mayor's Show and all that.

I'm nailing my colours to the mast early. We aren't going up automatically. We more than likely won't trouble the play offs on the season so far either. Inconsistency against mediocre League 1 spoilers is football suicide. I can see a lot of 1 step forward, 2 steps back for the remainder of this campaign. Sheer Jekyl and Hyde. 🤷

Pool 4 - 0 Shrewsbury. Portsmouth 0 - 4 Pool. The best attacking displays from Pool this season. On all areas of the pitch we looked like a team that is going places. We could have easily scored more goals. The point is we are now creating goal scoring opportunities in abundance. Onwards and Upwards. :clown:
A complete reversal against Northampton. More of this pretty football--back passing from midfield then back to midfield and back to the defense yet again and again. Then, as usual one or two of these passes goes astray and Whamo, surprise surprise. As a result, we lost to yet another mediocre team and at home.
Playing direct attacking football via midfield on the deck won us the last two games (in the main), without so much of the pretty stuff. So, why change this winning style of the previous two games? What happened to playing the high defensive line against Northampton? It was non-existent in this game!

Our head coach needs to get a grip and stop changing things for changings sake. He needs to understand that the team he is coaching, is a League One outfit, which lacks the superior skill levels that EPL players possess. Stick with what they have proven to be good at, (as per the previous two winning games), in which they were outstanding and unstoppable.

Forget the pretty football. This is League One and there is absolutely nothing pretty about it.

Last edited: