Scunthorpe | Vital Football

Scunthorpe

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Reports they may have to enter administration.
Are the punishments still more severe below the EFL?

But not such strong reports that GrimsbyLive can actually back up the allegagtions,

• A previous version of this article stated that Scunthorpe United were at risk of and in genuine danger of entering administration following the collapse of a takeover deal. Whilst the takeover deal did collapse, the club has asked us to clarify that we are not able to demonstrate that it is at risk of or in genuine danger of entering administration. We are happy to clarify and apologise for this error.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/...ws/scunthorpe-united-at-risk-entering-7583710

That said, I'm not sure that Swann, Steve Dale, John Fenty, Alan Hardy and Ron Martin aren't all Russian sleeper agents.

But not such strong reports that GrimsbyLive can actually back up the allegagtions,

• A previous version of this article stated that Scunthorpe United were at risk of and in genuine danger of entering administration following the collapse of a takeover deal. Whilst the takeover deal did collapse, the club has asked us to clarify that we are not able to demonstrate that it is at risk of or in genuine danger of entering administration. We are happy to clarify and apologise for this error.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/...ws/scunthorpe-united-at-risk-entering-7583710

That said, I'm not sure that Swann, Steve Dale, John Fenty, Alan Hardy and Ron Martin aren't all Russian sleeper agents.
If we refers to Grimsby Live it does not necessarily mean the original article was untrue . It just means they have yet to offer a robust proof . Their apology perhaps should have said they copied it from social media because they are rarely arsed to do some proper journalism. It still of course could be entirely true

A source of amusement for some on the fishy, as it was for many of them when we went into admin. I love football rivalry, I can't think of anything in life that can cause such an irrational hatred of someone else because they follow your neighbours and I'm as passionate and guilty of it as anybody but I would never find any joy in the potential of either scunny or cods going out of business. The football World is much more interesting place with them in it.

Last edited:
True or not, the speculation surrounding the possibility of them going into administration is not something that anybody connected with possibly trying to sell the club will want swirling about whilst they conduct business; if only to create the illusion they are not as desperate as they may be.

Even so, I'm sure due diligence should reveal how parlous the finances of both Scunny and Swanny are and any potential buyers won't have the wool pulled over their eyes.

True or not, the speculation surrounding the possibility of them going into administration is not something that anybody connected with possibly trying to sell the club will want swirling about whilst they conduct business; if only to create the illusion they are not as desperate as they may be.

Even so, I'm sure due diligence should reveal how parlous the finances of both Scunny and Swanny are and any potential buyers won't have the wool pulled over their eyes.

I don’t think you buy the iron to make money I suspect their best hope is a rich fan

As I mentioned when adopting Lincoln as my second team, my best friend was an absolute Bury (and football generally) fanatic. Shortly before the brain tumour took him away, I drove him to watch the Shakers away at Scunthorpe. He would have been devastated at what happened to Bury and I sincerely hope Scunny fans are spared the same fate.

I also remember people slagging off Bob for not completing the deal. He got all kinds of undeserved stick

Wasn’t it Swan who decided to not go through with the deal after the reported handshake? Don’t think Bob could do anything about it, but Bob and the rest of us did indeed dodge a bullet from the deal not going ahead.

Wasn’t it Swan who decided to not go through with the deal after the reported handshake? Don’t think Bob could do anything about it, but Bob and the rest of us did indeed dodge a bullet from the deal not going ahead.
It was Swann who pulled out, but that didn't stop people accusing Bob of wanting him and his "Cabal" to hang on to power

Seems as though Swann wanted his ego massaging by backing out of the deal with Bob and being king pin with Scunny who at the time were higher than us non league fodder.
Wow did that come back to bite him or what.
Had a couple of dealings with Swann, and I'm so grateful that we have Clive at the helm, the bloke is so entitled it's painful.
Definitely dodged a bullet . UTI

I don’t think you buy the iron to make money I suspect their best hope is a rich fan
I was thinking about the buyer not overpaying rather than looking to make money. It's a given they won't make money (but will lose it) and they will need every penny in their pocket, rather than Swann's to guide them through the crisis that is coming their way.

Swann has a lame duck on his hands and it appears to me from the outside is in no position to play hard ball unless he can find a die hard, genuine Scunny fan who he can manipulate emotionally. If he gets a hardnosed businessman I doubt it will end well for Swann or the Iron.

I was thinking about the buyer not overpaying rather than looking to make money. It's a given they won't make money (but will lose it) and they will need every penny in their pocket, rather than Swann's to guide them through the crisis that is coming their way.

Swann has a lame duck on his hands and it appears to me from the outside is in no position to play hard ball unless he can find a die hard, genuine Scunny fan who he can manipulate emotionally. If he gets a hardnosed businessman I doubt it will end well for Swann or the Iron.

there is a interesting you tube on this, very complicated and a bit of a mess

Seems as though Swann wanted his ego massaging by backing out of the deal with Bob and being king pin with Scunny who at the time were higher than us non league fodder.
Wow did that come back to bite him or what.
Had a couple of dealings with Swann, and I'm so grateful that we have Clive at the helm, the bloke is so entitled it's painful.
Definitely dodged a bullet . UTI
Entitled? Surely it’s his mrs who has the money.

That was a fascinating video which totally sums up what Peter Swann was about; get a lower league club into the Championship, keep them there by using the money generated both by being there and by player sales and then milk the club dry.
I am so pleased that he didn't get his hands on Lincoln City.
National League North beckons. They might even go lower.

That was a fascinating video which totally sums up what Peter Swann was about; get a lower league club into the Championship, keep them there by using the money generated both by being there and by player sales and then milk the club dry.
I am so pleased that he didn't get his hands on Lincoln City.
National League North beckons. They might even go lower.
That Boxing Day local 'derby' with Boston next year looms large!

If I remember rightly, Bob was not prepared to allow Swann to be Chairman right away, which indicates it was not a majoity stake at that point, which is why he walked away. Which is why he was blamed, but in reality makes him well judged.