Scum win | Page 5 | Vital Football

Scum win

Plenty other teams cut back to the bare minimum once you drop to league 2 any thing can happen just got a funny feeling we are going to get cut adrift. In a few weeks. If it gets any thing like 12 points it’s over
I’ve seen enough to think that won’t be the case but it could go the other way. Some experience is needed in there for the second half of the season though.

I’ve seen enough to think that won’t be the case but it could go the other way. Some experience is needed in there for the second half of the season though.
I thought we would be ok after the first 4 games. Never ever though we was play off material. But the confidence at the moment is shattered. And the 11 bookings in the last match was shocking. And very worrying going forward

I think the head of recruitment role will probably be folded into part of Rioch's remit as Director of Football.

I'm not worried about the size of budget to be honest, we've pretty much bought promotion from this league every time we've won it by how much we outspent everyone else. But even then we still weren't thumping everyone 5-0 and had teams who spent a fraction of our budget running us close - so it just means we'll be on a level playing field.

In years gone by it would've been a massive failure for any of our managers to not get promoted with the advantage they had financially compared to the competition, while moving forward if we are to have success we'll have to earn every inch of it. It'll be harder and may take longer but i embrace that as we know the previous model of being the big spenders of L1 was fun at the time, but it wasn't worth nearly going bust twice.
Totally agree with your post KDZ. I just hope a certain section of our support has the same patience.

I thought we would be ok after the first 4 games. Never ever though we was play off material. But the confidence at the moment is shattered. And the 11 bookings in the last match was shocking. And very worrying going forward
As far as I'm aware Oooo, no team has ever got relegated in October. We've played a total of 11 games so far. Keep The Faith!

As far as I'm aware Oooo, no team has ever got relegated in October. We've played a total of 11 games so far. Keep The Faith!
I've decided to keep the faith until Christmas if we are in the same league position, struggling for points and Maloney is still chopping and changing with awful tactics then he's got to go simple as that.

We must give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up, does anyone actually want L2 football? I know I don't I'm bloody struggling with L1 every week.

I've decided to keep the faith until Christmas if we are in the same league position, struggling for points and Maloney is still chopping and changing with awful tactics then he's got to go simple as that.

We must give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up, does anyone actually want L2 football? I know I don't I'm bloody struggling with L1 every week.
Isn't the third tire the division we've spent the most seasons? We should be used to it by now.

I think it's showing that we have been naive this season with our recruitment - it's not that we've not signed talented players. But we've not balanced the youth and flair with experience and physicality. I don't think we need loads but i do think if we'd have got in a tough centre back and def mid who were leaders it would have really helped the young group that are now struggling.

I feel our transfer approach may have been a bit of an over correction from the Richardson / Talal transfer policy to be honest. Previously we signed mostly expensive, experienced, older, physical players to battle, with no thought about sustainability, building for the future or creativity or pace. Now we are doing the complete opposite and i think we are trying to go in a better direction but there is a happy medium between the 2 ends of the spectrum that maybe we've overshot.
some good points heer as usual king but ive noticed that talk arond this topic alweys comes to the same conclusheon. that is. unless a teem sign messi. kane. ronaldo and spend a fortune then that teem wil fale at the furst hurdle.

we need to step back from this thoght process. a teem can only pley what and who they have. the relience then falls onto the skill of the manager, there assitant and all the backroom staff employed.

a teem of honest. hard working. well drilled. big hearted. confedent. well motevated. fit. ambiteous. did i sey well drilled. men willing to pull there tripe out for the shirt and the fans. are worth more (in my opineon) than a teem full of prima donnas (at this level) who take teems like ares for granted.

it starts and finishes on the trg ground. theres even films been made about this sbuject. one on sky now called champeons. prehaps sean can have a film nite and get them together to watch it.

Totally agree with your post KDZ. I just hope a certain section of our support has the same patience.

We've seen last season Maloney knows how to get us to defend well and we've seen at the start of this season that he knows how to get us playing good attacking football. So unlike Toure who never showed any reason to keep faith when we were turning in so many incoherent performances, Maloney does have something to point at to show he is capable of better.

But if we lose the next 3 with another 3 stinking performances and bizarre team selections again then we'll be at 9 loses in 10 and i think it'll be hard to keep giving the benefit of the doubt.

I hope it doesn't come to that and we don't necessarily need 3 wins in the next 3 but we need to see 3 much better performances to show us that we are learning, improving and moving towards something positive. What worries me is that even though we've had some bad decisions that proved costly, even without them we've been awful in our own performances and not doing anything like enough to earn points. We've been out competed by teams with lesser quality and if you don't at least match the opposition for work rate, aggression, intensity, etc then you can't expect anything. That has to change.

some good points heer as usual king but ive noticed that talk arond this topic alweys comes to the same conclusheon. that is. unless a teem sign messi. kane. ronaldo and spend a fortune then that teem wil fale at the furst hurdle.

we need to step back from this thoght process. a teem can only pley what and who they have. the relience then falls onto the skill of the manager, there assitant and all the backroom staff employed.

a teem of honest. hard working. well drilled. big hearted. confedent. well motevated. fit. ambiteous. did i sey well drilled. men willing to pull there tripe out for the shirt and the fans. are worth more (in my opineon) than a teem full of prima donnas (at this level) who take teems like ares for granted.

it starts and finishes on the trg ground. theres even films been made about this sbuject. one on sky now called champeons. prehaps sean can have a film nite and get them together to watch it.

I think when you've watched football as long as most of us have you just see the patterns over and over again.

Having money can help for sure, but plenty of big spenders fail despite the advantage they have and teams with modest incomes that are well ran can be successful despite their disadvantage.

It's not about how much anyone has, it's how you use it that matters. I'd take a good manager and scout with a small budget over a limited manager and scout with a big budget.

Personally don't mind L1 football. Would rather be in The Championship, but it is what it is at the moment. Premier league - hmmm! League 2. I hope not. But if it is, it is.

Personally don't mind L1 football. Would rather be in The Championship, but it is what it is at the moment. Premier league - hmmm! League 2. I hope not. But if it is, it is.

If all the money was the same and the stadium was full every week i quite like being in L1 and the Championship and have no desperate need to go up and be whipping boys in the Prem.

We can try to be self sufficient and sensible but the unfortunate reality is you really need to be in the Prem to give you the best chance to grow the club financially, infrastructure and fan base. Even if you go up and come straight back down the injection of money and interest is huge.

Although i admit i do want to go back to the Prem just once, even for just one season, as i hate the fact that we have fallen so far due to so much mismanagement and think climbing back at some point would be a real achievement and to do it without buying our way up would be even more impressive.

Torn on the prem really, as KDZ says I'd like to go back for the achievement but on the other hand going every week watching clubs beat us a comfortable 2-0/3-0 and having VAR not being able to celebrate goals properly and waiting 2/3 mins before knowing if it stands puts me off the idea. Although I know that's slightly hypocritical given the fact I'm happy to give the L1 refs a load of stick.

Afraid to say that the whole fairytale has come full circle and now it's time to find our true level for the next few years. Hopefully in 5/10 years after building some solid foundations we will rise again.

Parasites. Feckin detest them as much I hate Man Ure. Both scumbags
Me too .. great bed partners .. a ' fare 'earlier this week , referred to us as a ' declining Club, and sport ' in general ' ..his wooden overcoat isn't far off .. still drooling over their ' 8 Wembley wins ' , against amateur/part time teams .

Me too .. great bed partners .. a ' fare 'earlier this week , referred to us as a ' declining Club, and sport ' in general ' ..his wooden overcoat isn't far off .. still drooling over their ' 8 Wembley wins ' , against amateur/part time teams .
Who do you mean who's been slagging us this time?

Some smug **** I picked up this week .. the arrogance of being ' a worrier ' ..any chance/opportunity to have a ' pop ' at the Latics/football in general , borne, of course , out of fear, annoyance etc that generally they don't matter to the sporting world , at large . Living off their 8 Wembley ha ha ha ha , ' triumphs ' .. the ONLY fulltime professional outfit then , playing against tradesmen , postmen etc

Trophies arent won in March. Glad you enjoyed your cup final. I'd have thought you would have gone to it seeing as you have turned your back on Latics now they are owned by the Warriors owner, they treat the fans like shit and the manager is incompetent.

Or were they more mealy-mouthed words from a pathological hypocrite?

Some smug **** I picked up this week .. the arrogance of being ' a worrier ' ..any chance/opportunity to have a ' pop ' at the Latics/football in general , borne, of course , out of fear, annoyance etc that generally they don't matter to the sporting world , at large . Living off their 8 Wembley ha ha ha ha , ' triumphs ' .. the ONLY fulltime professional outfit then , playing against tradesmen , postmen etc
It's a quandary isn't it...how did you react ? Did you call him out and engage in a bit of verbal fisticuffs thus reducing the chance of a tip...sometimes you have to bite yer lip for the lure of wonga.