Scotimp | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scotimp

What make was it so I can avoid buying one?
HP - sod's law ensures that it wasn't a cheap one either. To be fair to them, my previous one was also HP and that survived six years of very hard labour before it started to wave a white flag at me.

The Toshiba was bought specifically to use with ProTools, and is in a state of shock now faced with (ab)normal laptop use.

HP - sod's law ensures that it wasn't a cheap one either. To be fair to them, my previous one was also HP and that survived six years of very hard labour before it started to wave a white flag at me.

The Toshiba was bought specifically to use with ProTools, and is in a state of shock now faced with (ab)normal laptop use.

This is universally called progress.

Ouch. You're probably far more savvy about these things but I distinctly remember reading something a few years ago about fair expectation/use and just because something is out of warranty you still have some consumer rights/protection if something breaks down unreasonably early.

I would argue that bearing in mind yours was just out of warranty you may be able to negotiate something with a big company. I wish I could remember where I read it but I do know it wasn't something spurious. It was something like trading standards, Which Magazine or Martin Lewis.