Score Predictions v Sunderland | Page 2 | Vital Football

Score Predictions v Sunderland

3-2 Imps. We'll up our game when it's least expected. Their surface will help too and we play better away. Believe, at least until 3pm Saturday 😉.

Appleton said don’t lose to the teams around you. So we will play for a draw, like at ipswich.
What he didn’t mention, was what to aim for against the likes of Rochdale and gillingham, Swindon, plymouth and Fleetwood.

Would be amazed and very happy with a 1-1 in this game.

It's going to be difficult. However we have to have faith that the form will improve at some point.So it's fingers crossed and I am making myself scarce for a while because although I understand gallows humour I am struggling with the negativity that is thriving on the site and I dont think I can keep my counsel.These are the times that we should be galvanising our support .Rather than that some pour scorn and belittle the team.If we can make a play off spot it will be a massive achievement Short memories .

Goalscorers:

Sunderland (76)
27: Charlie Wyke
7: Chris Maguire
6: Grant Leadbitter
5: Aiden O’Brien
4: Lynden Gooch, Aiden McGeady, Max Power
3: own goals
2: Jack Diamond, Jordan Jones, Luke O’Nien, Josh Scowen, Baily Wright
1: George Dobson (on loan to AFC Wimbledon), Morgan Feeney (no longer with club), Danny Graham (no longer with club), Denver Hume, Dion Sanderson, Ross Stewart

Lincoln (83)
15: Jorge Grant
12: Anthony Scully
9: Tom Hopper
8: Brennan Johnson, Lewis Montsma
6: Morgan Rogers
5: Harry Anderson
4: Conor McGrandles
3: James Jones
2: Tayo Edun, Zack Elbouzedi, Remy Howarth, Callum Morton
1: Theo Archibald, Robbie Gotts (no longer with club), Adam Jackson, Jamie Soule (no longer with club), own goal

Based upon this stat I wonder what our strategy to limit their attack should be hmmmmmm???:unsure:

All runs eventually come to and end. That includes Sunderland's excellent one and our poor one. A large, decent playing surface will also help us too. 2-1 Lincoln.

Unless our full-backs (I've been reliably informed by people who know more about football than me that a full-back is a defensive role) discover a sudden ability to stop crosses (especially from the right) Wyke will have a field-day.

6-1 Sunderland.

Sunderland 4 - 1 Lincoln

Hat-trick from Wyke to make it 30 for the season (likely).

Palmer to score a consolation from a punt up-field (slightly less likely).

4 - 3 to the Imps. Their full back is a weak link (so I've read). They'll score 3 headed goals from crosses or corners. We'll scruffily grub 4 past them with a lot of good fortune.

This has all the Hall marks of an absolute beating from Sunderland. This could seriously be 5+ goal defeat if we defend like we have done recently. Sunderland on fantastic form and look destined for a return to the championship. They beat us 4 0 without being too much better than us.

Football is a funny old game, you never know what can happen. Maybe being the under dogs and having a team go at us might leave us more space to counter attack.

Unfortunately, Lincoln's recent form suggests we'll concede in the first 10 and probably lose 5-1