Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Ukraine | Page 4 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Ukraine

Quite impressive really. Had a spell of 10 minutes or so at the end of the first half where we looked nervy and Ukraine played well but other than that England have dominated in every sense.

There's only one team left in this competition who would match England on this showing and that's Italy.

Surprised he hasn’t taken maguire off

He's less likely to be involved much in the game with how it's going now. He'll just be passing it about for the next 20 minutes. All the others who were only yellows were far more likely to get a second.

Italy v us would be a good final had £50 on us tonight should have had a lot more on but bottled it thought Ukraine were out on their feet against Sweden and proved correct.

Great result and performance.
Can't remember the last time a match finished bang on the 90th minute though. Those 3 Ukrainian subs waiting at the edge of the pitch for 4 minutes waiting to come on will be annoyed

Hardly broke sweat, no bookings, no apparent injuries, and a couple of goals from set pieces. Could not have gone any better.

can’t remember an england knock out game with so little tension.

I’m not sure that Ukraine are on par with Holland from 96’ but definitely our best performance in a tournament since then :clap:

What England haven't faced yet is a team with the personnel to have a real go at us with attacking, flair players. If we get past Denmark (they beat us at Wembley a year ago) there should be one waiting in the final, whether it's Italy or Spain.

It would be nice to get to the final and see how that one works out.

I’m not sure that Ukraine are on par with Holland from 96’ but definitely our best performance in a tournament since then :clap:
Certainly best (ever) performance in the knock out stages, last 30 mins chilled and boring where normally nerve ends are getting thoroughly shredded.

Match too far for Ukraine, who were passive for most of the night? Or England simply a class above?

Match too far for Ukraine, who were passive for most of the night? Or England simply a class above?

It was that 2 goal 5 minute spell just after half time which killed them off. You could see it in their players and Shevchencko on the sidelines. All their half time plans buggered up straight away. England played the game tonight very well

I liked the remark by the commentator when the score was 2-0,"Ukraine have been double Harry'd". Made me laugh.