Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Scotland | Page 9 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Scotland

Never make the best of what they have that's England's problem, same in the days of lampard Gerrard etc.
Wasn't that impressed with Croatia game tbh
Scotland played probably had the better chances but don't have a finisher, England do but never but the ball in the box.

Personally, I think people need to chill a little bit. Yes it was a poor and lackluster performance last night, but we got a draw and are one win away from finishing top of the group.

I know on paper we should've walked it last night, but football isn't played on paper. And it was a local derby too (in international terms) and we all know that the form book tends to count for nothing in those.

At Euro '96 we played similarly poorly against Switzerland in the first game and again in the first half against Scotland in the second game. But, we then went on to have one of our most successful tornaments ever and were a boot stud away from Gazza scoring an ET 'golden goal' to put us into the final (he also scored one of England's greatest goals in the tournament after various pundits and media outlets were calling for him to be dropped).

Tournament football is about doing it when it counts, last night's draw was hardly the end of the world.

I generally prefer club football to international, but I do watch England. However, that was really bad. For the first time ever, I switched an England game off well before the end.

At least we know it can't be that bad again.

We will not hear the end of the Jocks 0-0 victory for years. In terms of the Euro's this game will be seen was a local argument and we will move on to more relevant games in the days to come. Just hope its a kick up their overpaid arses that England need. Would rather watch Imps v anybody thanks ! UTI.

Typical arrogant England fan, I’m disappointed we drew against that shower of shite, far from wanting to bring it up constantly.

.. Italia are the team to beat
Fair shout CardiffImp, as others have mentioned they took a while to grind down Arsenal last night. The top teams just seem to find a way through.

Just another observation, do others think that the kit teams wear make them look visually better footballers....just thought Austria did play well but also looked good in the kit. I sometimes talk drivel but having seen the seat swap thread.... I'm not the only one!! :yes:

Just another observation, do others think that the kit teams wear make them look visually better footballers....

Yes, in the case of the Italians & of course Brazil most definitely.

Apart from The Imps (especially now we’ve gone Retro for 21/22) I’m not a fan of red kits though.