Scam alerts | Vital Football

Scam alerts

Been a few 'clever' (read devious and I wish death on them all) ones recently. One was 'from' Royal Mail to re-schedule delivery. Only when I put in the date to re-deliver did I then get asked for £££ to do so, and realised it was a scam.

My brother sent a screenshot of one he got to my family Whatsapp group, looks perfectly like the texts the bank sends you, except there was a tiny difference in the web address at the very bottom of the text. Sneaky bastards.

Also every morning in work I get at least 3 calls from an Indian sounding guy who says he's ringing on behalf of our internet provider. Sounds like the call centre he's in employs 3,000 people. It's fun to mess with them though.

Last edited:
Also every morning in work I get at least 3 calls from an Indian sounding guy who says he's ringing on behalf of our internet provider. Sounds like the call centre he's in employs 3,000 people. It's fun to mess with them though.
When they call and ask to run through some security questions to confirm my ID, I tend to ask them the same questions to prove they are who they are claim to be. One guy got so riled he was shouting back at me :lol:

A woman fell victim to fraudsters in a £13,000 train station QR code scam.
Fraudsters are thought to have covered a genuine code with one of their own in Thornaby Station's car park.
That sent her to a fake website allowing them to redirect payments and card information, resulting in the victim, 71, losing thousands of pounds.

I shall refrain from questioning their parentage. If you QR trains folks, just have it at the back of your mind.

If you need a break time/lunch time boredom buster..... This guy is awesome. He is basically a computer whizz and hacks the scammers computers. Steals their money, their files, turns on their webcams etc.

Be careful with redelivery texts and email scams, I’ve had the odd one. Very easy to quickly quick on a link when you are busy at work and expecting a parcel…

I don't understand why people answer calls from unknown numbers or numbers that your contact list does not recognize. If there was an emergency they would leave a message or text. I never ever answer calls from unknown numbers. Ever. Your lucky if I answer your phone call and your my best bud.

I don't understand why people answer calls from unknown numbers or numbers that your contact list does not recognize. If there was an emergency they would leave a message or text. I never ever answer calls from unknown numbers. Ever. Your lucky if I answer your phone call and your my best bud.

Usually I'd agree. My answer machine (what is it called on a mobile!) even says leave a message, I might get back to you, if you don't I will definitely not and if you are selling or unsolicited, not a chance (not in those words!)

BUT the last year, had to take calls re dad in hospital, social services, in care home and so on. Not always fixed numbers and too important really, to mess about.

But in normal times, agreed, leave a message, I'll then decide. I'd never call back a number that doesn't leave a message, that is for sure.

i do that . I let them leave a message and then i listen and decide if i return the call or not.

Due too the propensity of scam calls from India primarily, we have not had a handset plugged into the landline for three years now, and never missed it.

Not had a phone plugged into the landline for years either. Far more peaceful, although I do miss occasionally telling them where to go.

Doubt the delivery scam is growing, but it's getting more coverage given the time of year.

Just had an email from Microsoft apologizing for having taken a yearly subscription from my bank £365. Would I please call a Birmingham number immediately to confirm my bank details and they will reimburse me immediately. Counted ten spelling mistakes and four words missing. Can't believe anyone would fall for it.