Scally to stand down | Page 8 | Vital Football

Scally to stand down

What worried me about PS statement was something like "i want to see if i can reignite the flame inside me" or similar.

He needs to sell, not extend his stay IF he can help it.

Of course the Perry mob have stated that Scally is off to Dubai for the season on full pay while someone else has been employed to deal with stresses and strains of running the club, an additional wage that won’t be going on a player!

Of course the Perry mob have stated that Scally is off to Dubai for the season on full pay while someone else has been employed to deal with stresses and strains of running the club, an additional wage that won’t be going on a player!
They would.

Their reaction to this just has me more convinced that their campaign is against Scally as a person rather than them wanting what is best for the club.

He could sell up tomorrow and they would still be trying to find things to blame him for.

Their obsession with his private life is particularly bizarre.

Well to be fair no one knows what consultancy fee he will reward himself with going forward. It could be true or it might not be. We'll have to wait a few years for the accounts.

They would.

Their reaction to this just has me more convinced that their campaign is against Scally as a person rather than them wanting what is best for the club.

He could sell up tomorrow and they would still be trying to find things to blame him for.

Their obsession with his private life is particularly bizarre.
True, the latest fixation is a block of stables he’s apparently had built at his property. How do they know this? Are Scally’s contractors in League with Perry?

Well to be fair no one knows what consultancy fee he will reward himself with going forward. It could be true or it might not be. We'll have to wait a few years for the accounts.
While he’s still the owner I imagine his fee will continue as normal. It goes up (over £300k) and down (150k) over the seasons but I don’t think there’s been a year that he hasn’t paid himself at all.

True, the latest fixation is a block of stables he’s apparently had built at his property. How do they know this? Are Scally’s contractors in League with Perry?
Apparently either he, or one of his minions, knows the contractors who were more then happy to divulge all the information.

apparently the stables are costing £180k, which means he has the money to invest in the squad, though they won’t say whether he has paid for the stables outright or is using a loan or other form of finance.

Apparently either he, or one of his minions, knows the contractors who were more then happy to divulge all the information.

apparently the stables are costing £180k, which means he has the money to invest in the squad, though they won’t say whether he has paid for the stables outright or is using a loan or other form of finance.

WTF has that got to do with anyone other than PS !

While he’s still the owner I imagine his fee will continue as normal. It goes up (over £300k) and down (150k) over the seasons but I don’t think there’s been a year that he hasn’t paid himself at all.
Just like us mate, he can’t live on fresh air.
There’s a myth around that most football club owners don’t take any money out.
It’s simply not true.
Some owners are very hands off but still demand a dividend on investment.
Those who are totally hands off employ a highly paid CEO.
Example, West Ham employ Karen Brady to do the day to day running.
She doesn’t work for chicken feed.
It’s considered normal but not apparently for the SOB.

If PDPS was taking a salary/dividends of £1.5M+ for running a L2 club I could understand the SoB's gripe. I bet he works just as many hours and as hard as Karen Brady does for his fee. The difference is that she's working with players that earn in a week what PDPS takes in a year.

Like her, in his time he's paid players more than he's paid himself but nobody ever had a problem with that. Just because he now employs L2 players on L2 money doesn't mean that he's had to work any less.

The Perrys of this world need to be careful now a legal precedent has been established in the case of YouTuber Alex Belfield at Nottingham Crown Court. He has been found guilty of stalking by way of trolling various individuals and faces a possible prison sentence.

If PDPS was taking a salary/dividends of £1.5M+ for running a L2 club I could understand the SoB's gripe. I bet he works just as many hours and as hard as Karen Brady does for his fee. The difference is that she's working with players that earn in a week what PDPS takes in a year.

Like her, in his time he's paid players more than he's paid himself but nobody ever had a problem with that. Just because he now employs L2 players on L2 money doesn't mean that he's had to work any less.

Karren Brady is sackable if her business is not performing, and does not set her own salary, either.

If you want another example of owners being unpopular for taking money out, the Glazers at Manure come to mind, There are a few others. They use "leverage" which I understand means taking out a loan to buy the club, then after taking control putting the loan in the name of the club, so in the end they did not even match Scally's original £1 investment.

I also do not see how Scally could take £1.5m+ out, even if he wanted to, as there is no way the Gills ever have that sort of amount in the Bank and they would only lend money against assets. It has to be generated.

Last edited:
What is/was this "vile chanting" against Scally ?
I've been to plenty of Away games and all I've heard is:
"We want Scally out...etc".

While I've never thought that helpful to the players, not sure that counts as "vile".

As for "disgusting language"... sure, there's plenty of swearing....
But is it worse Away than Home ?
Or is it just that Away, the swearers are alongside the non-swearers ?

Just catching up on the posts but felt I needed to add that there is absolutely no way you can not hear the vile chanting at away games. It is not possible and It was still evident at the last away match at Wimbledon. I don’t need to say what was being sung as it had been touched on already but is extremely unpleasant, highly embarrassing and for me, unacceptable that I have to answer questions on it that my daughter is asking me. There are very few people singing it, maybe 30 at most out of 1200 at Wimbledon but they are very vocal.
Only funny thing was when they turned it into “stand up if you want Scally out’ nobody new stood up and some fans standing up watching, sat down. Repeating the worst of the chants on the train, peado and cu*t chants for example, do nothing for our club in the eyes of the public.
Hopefully away games will be less toxic now, as these idiots were ruining the experience for many true fans, although I’m sure there’ll be something else to ‘sing’ about as it’s all just part of the game for them. Doubt they actually give a toss really about results etc.

Just catching up on the posts but felt I needed to add that there is absolutely no way you can not hear the vile chanting at away games. It is not possible and It was still evident at the last away match at Wimbledon. I don’t need to say what was being sung as it had been touched on already but is extremely unpleasant, highly embarrassing and for me, unacceptable that I have to answer questions on it that my daughter is asking me. There are very few people singing it, maybe 30 at most out of 1200 at Wimbledon but they are very vocal.
Only funny thing was when they turned it into “stand up if you want Scally out’ nobody new stood up and some fans standing up watching, sat down. Repeating the worst of the chants on the train, peado and cu*t chants for example, do nothing for our club in the eyes of the public.
Hopefully away games will be less toxic now, as these idiots were ruining the experience for many true fans, although I’m sure there’ll be something else to ‘sing’ about as it’s all just part of the game for them. Doubt they actually give a toss really about results etc.
I suspect most of those chanting are little more than “rent a mob”, just along to cause drama rather than because they actually want to watch the Gills play.

He wants to sell Wx
He’s said so.
He’s ready to retire in my opinion
I've just seen his interview on South East Today.

I know he says he wants to sell but he said he may want to return, after a break.

That option wont be good for him or the club.