Saudi Arabia | Vital Football

Saudi Arabia

Rza

Vital Champions League
Anyone else think they're absolutely destroying football? There's probably an argument that they're destroying sports in general. Obviously if I'm enjoying our recent success then some might call me a hypocrite but I can't say I've ever been 100% behind our owners. Probably gonna get battered for this but anyway what they're doing to football at the minute is an absolute disgrace. Some might say well that's not directly our owners. Well maybe it's not but indirectly it is. I've been following geopolitics long enough to know what KSA have been doing, how long they've been doing it and how they've been gettin away with it. Now Don't get me wrong money has been ruining football/sport for a very long time but recently I think it's got out of control. I won't get into the human rights thing

Anyone else think they're absolutely destroying football? There's probably an argument that they're destroying sports in general. Obviously if I'm enjoying our recent success then some might call me a hypocrite but I can't say I've ever been 100% behind our owners. Probably gonna get battered for this but anyway what they're doing to football at the minute is an absolute disgrace. Some might say well that's not directly our owners. Well maybe it's not but indirectly it is. I've been following geopolitics long enough to know what KSA have been doing, how long they've been doing it and how they've been gettin away with it. Now Don't get me wrong money has been ruining football/sport for a very long time but recently I think it's got out of control. I won't get into the human rights thing
"I won't get into the human rights thing"
Glad to hear it, it's pure hypocrisy.

Aye money is the problem and has been for a long time.

The Saudi coin is part of a bigger plan by the money men to get a backdoor European super league up and running.

Lots of talk about FFP yet they hoy money at players past their sell by, just as China did before them.

Enjoy the current format while you can, change is afoot

Reactions: Rza
Glad to hear it, it's pure hypocrisy.

Aye money is the problem and has been for a long time.

The Saudi coin is part of a bigger plan by the money men to get a backdoor European super league up and running.

Lots of talk about FFP yet they hoy money at players past their sell by, just as China did before them.

Enjoy the current format while you can, change is afoot
See that's the thing - it's not just players past their sell by date. It's starting to attract younger players now too. Ruben neves what's he? 25? Jota from Celtic. 23ish? There's probably a lot more. It's refreshing to hear some players turning it down and can't be bought off but it'll get worse before it gets better. You say changes are afoot. Who's regulating them? All fifa need is a brown envelope to keep them quiet. They're as corrupt as anyone.

See that's the thing - it's not just players past their sell by date. It's starting to attract younger players now too. Ruben neves what's he? 25? Jota from Celtic. 23ish? There's probably a lot more. It's refreshing to hear some players turning it down and can't be bought off but it'll get worse before it gets better. You say changes are afoot. Who's regulating them? All fifa need is a brown envelope to keep them quiet. They're as corrupt as anyone.
Aye, that was my point RZA, the Saudi/UK money in football looks like it's part of a bigger plan, and yes, I too believe FIFA are in on it.

The Italians are pissed off about Tonali leaving.

Apparently they are frustrated by their inability to keep him in Serie A because of the wages we offer

One of the solutions already being muted, a European super league.

I seem to remember at the 94 World Cup finals the yanks saying 'you play the soccer, we'll make the money', Never a truer word said. Football, as the older generation knew, had been prised away away from the working class and a different game was now being played

Remember when Shearer signed for us? It was headlines on the 6 o'clock national news. The first and opening topic. And a record fee at the time if I remember correctly.

Hasn't professional football (almost) always been about who spends (invests) the most money?
I had alluded to that in my original post but I just think it's got out of hand now. It's not even just football. It's boxing, F1, golf pretty much all sports now. I think there was always a bit of a ceiling in football. It might have been a glass ceiling but it was there. If you look at the wealth of our owners in comparison to the others, ours are richer than the other top 5 combined or something along those lines. Basically my point is the gap is ridiculous. Sounds like I'm complaining and believe me I'm not, I just think it's nowhere near a level playing field any more.

It's quite dispicable the money people are earning through football which was a big factor in me stop going to games. Mind you I wouldn't complain at my wages if I was a professional footballer 😂

The Scousers seem to have gone awfully quiet in respect of Saudi, especially since trying offload the vast majority of their squad there. That on top of their favourite son Stevie G now managing over there too.

I’m assuming they’ll be donating all of the transfer funds received to charity? If they don’t, surely they’re supporting sports washing and the like? Hypocritical *****.