Same goal, but 2 versions | Vital Football

Same goal, but 2 versions

Hampshiregills

Vital Youth Team
According to Gills official site, Lee Martin ......"bent a wicked, dipping shot past a despairing Bond from 30 yards" ..... whereas on the Peterborough site, that same goal is stated as ..... " an ambitious effort from fully 30-yards crept into the back of the net via the inside of the post."
I know which version I think is more accurate.

The local paper reporter for Peterborough tweeted it was a cross!

He sort of corrects himself...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ptalanswann?lang=en-gb&ref_src=twsrc%5Eappleios%7Ctwcamp%5Esafari%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

"...a great strike from captain Lee Martin...He ran in from the left and approaching the edge of the penalty curled the ball toward the far right-hand corner with some pace.

The ball bounced in front of a diving Jonathan Bond and the goalie missed contact as it hit both posts to re-bound into the net for the opening goal."

And just seen a couple of highlights on YouTube. Great strike I thought. Dunno what the reporter and Posh site were thinking saying it was a cross or just creeping in.

Good play and efforts by both List and Parker as well.

From the I Follow view Martin took the ball in a bit of space looked up and curled a delightful shot in off the post. An excellent composed strike. :1:

I thought it was a well directed long range effort that curved around the keeper's outstretched effort. Holy being much taller would have saved it.

Like a typical Gillingham goal the ball almost apologised as it crossed the line, it took such an effort to do so!

I thought it was a decent taken controlled and set up nicely by Martin and a decent long range effort. However, it was a poor effort from the keeper and went through him - had we let in a goal like that, I'd have been disappointed with our keeper, but not surprised sadly (thinking more of Nelson than Holy and some of the howlers he let through him like that in the past few years). Also, the defence gave Martin acres of space to tee up and get the shot in. However, "if you don't buy a ticket..." So, far play to Martin for having a pop.