Samba | Vital Football

Samba

Good for Them. Shame it didn’t work out here but I can see why they went & I’m sure they would have nothing but positives to say about us.

whilst Hendz iz a step down Navaz iz a step up.

Out of Henderson and Navas or Areola and Maignan?

I would imagine he's probably the number 2 on both lists.
Areola for sure, and I'd have him over Maignan

Henderson, Navas, Samba - I can hardly chose. Henderson and Navas slightly better keepers, Samba by far better distribution. I've always maintained distribution is a bonus, so he'd be a close 3rd at Forest for me at a push.

Areola for sure, and I'd have him over Maignan

Henderson, Navas, Samba - I can hardly chose. Henderson and Navas slightly better keepers, Samba by far better distribution. I've always maintained distribution is a bonus, so he'd be a close 3rd at Forest for me at a push.

The issues with samba were all mentality based, no real issues with talent. It was the sending off that made people about the PL. Just cannot afford that In the PL. Ultimately, despite a pay rise, he wasnt prepared to stay and fight for his place with us. If he gets his head right he can be a massive asset. He certainly wins in the character race.

Transfers like Samba’s are where the club pisses money away. If he wanted to leave, I understand that, but we’ve already spent all of the fee we got on wages, without even signing a permanent replacement. I suspect the loan fees for the two we’ve got will eat up the equivalent of any fee we got for Samba, too.

You can argue over who the better keeper is - for me it goes Navas, Samba, then Henderson - but we’ve made very marginal gains at best while being down financially. It feels like the club has been run this way for decades and it’s part of why I’m never all that optimistic about our prospects.

Transfers like Samba’s are where the club pisses money away. If he wanted to leave, I understand that, but we’ve already spent all of the fee we got on wages, without even signing a permanent replacement. I suspect the loan fees for the two we’ve got will eat up the equivalent of any fee we got for Samba, too.

You can argue over who the better keeper is - for me it goes Navas, Samba, then Henderson - but we’ve made very marginal gains at best while being down financially. It feels like the club has been run this way for decades and it’s part of why I’m never all that optimistic about our prospects.
Sounds like it was 100% down to Samba's personal life, not the club