Sam Morsy | Vital Football

Sam Morsy

Kevin sheldon

Vital Youth Team
To say I am gutted to lose him for the cup tie is an understatement. He was integral to our chances of putting on a good show. Anybody who watched him against Bournemouth at home will appreciate his influence on the team.

Cook Is doing a great job however what possessed him not to drag him off after 70 v Blackpool I will never know. He is always man enough to admit his mistakes and I think he realised his loss with his uncharacteristic berating of the Blackpool player after the game. My frustration is compounded by fans at the match beginning to see Morsy lose his head near the end.
I remain perplexed by some fans who don't even rate Morsy. In my view showing a complete lack of knowledge of his importance in a system that has reaped its rewards so far this season. It is his job to win the ball and keep it with simple passes. With our fullback pushed on and relative luxury players like Powell and Jacobs he often does an outstanding job in protecting the centre halfs.
His role in the team is aka a poor man's Makele and anyone who knows his onions will appreciate his role in the Chelsea title winning side.
What impresses me about Morsy is his adaptability as a player. When recalled from Barnsley he was asked to play an attacking role and helped turn our fortunes around in the short trrm with man of the match displays. The fact he played like that after the masterful Caldwell dispatched him to Barnsley says it all. Another wonderful Caldwell masterstroke letting a player go from a championship relegation side to mid table Championship team where he st of out.
A fit Morsy will be a necessity to win the league this season. A great shame he misses Monday and I now shudder at the thought of a suitable replacement against that Man city midfield.