Saluer Arnaud Beltrame | Vital Football

Saluer Arnaud Beltrame

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Amazing courage shown by French police officer Arnaud Beltrame during yesterday`s terrorist incident in France. He bravely exchanged himself for a female hostage, no doubt knowing full well that the hostage taker had already killed people. It happens on the silver screen from time to time but this was for real. (Please guys, don`t let this thread, posted purely as a tribute to a brave man, descend into something else). Hard to know what we would have done had we been in the position Arnaud found himself in; he had time to think - yet still put his life well and truly on the line. RIP sir.

Absolutely Lancs, true heroism and unbelievable humanity shown by such a brave man.

RIP Sir, you have my utmost respect.

I don't really think that there are the words to adequately describe this brave, selfless man.

Makes you realise that in amongst the shit, there are some incredible gems.

RIP

A true hero! Another one showing immense bravery and courage in what he would say "just doing my job" It's thanks to people like him that our world is a lot safer!

Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame is indeed a hero, and deserves all the praise which is due to him,such policemen who risk their own lives to save others from harm are all hero?s
RIP

A man whose job it is to protect the people went way beyond what is expected and no doubt saved further loss of life. I am in awe of people like Arnaud who despite training for this type of incident act on impulse and instinct knowing the real threat that awaits them. He should surely posthumously recieve the Legion of Honour or whatever France's highest award is. His family deserve deserve it as much as him as a fitting thank you and memorial.

Amazing presence of mind to phone his colleagues on his mobile phone and leave the call open so they could hear everything going on in the supermarket.
What a loss.

Incredible selflessness. Echo the previous posts .RIP .There are many so called leaders in this world but this was real leadership. It takes a big man to jump if front of a bullet. But to do so when you have time to think is another level. God bless you sir .

He could quite easily have stepped back , but he set an example to his men.

I'm sure that France will correctly honour his bravery.

I can only echo what has already been said. How do you get the nerve to do that? Incredible action by an, obviously, very special guy.