Sad Sad News that one of our own has passed. | Vital Football

Sad Sad News that one of our own has passed.

aussie1

Vital Squad Member
It is with much sadness that I have to advise that one of our own Vital Pool stalwarts Prem1, passed away during the night. This information has just been given to me by my Kirkham brother-in-law via Prem's son. Condolences to all John's family and friends. R.I.P. Seasider--John Bennett(Snr).

Last edited:
Prem has been a stalwart of this site for many years, and whilst we all have many differing opinions on a lot of things, the one thing that unites us all is our love of the mighty.

Johns' love for the Pool spawned many decades and we'll miss his thoughts and views.

Condolences to John's family and friends.

RIP fellow seasider.

Last edited:
I didn’t realise Prem1 was John Bennett, who when he owned Londis in Kirkham, took me on for my first paper round.

He was a lovely bloke and it saddens me very much that all the years we have interacted on here I never knew it was John.

His family would always go out there way on a Saturday afternoon if my papers were in late (living in Kirkham we had the Gazette&LEP) to ensure I could go to the match on time and they would deliver them in the car for me so I need not worry after the game.

RIP John and thoughts are with the Bennett family and all those close to him.

As Sexy said, we have all at times had disagreements and differing points of view. I didn't get on with him at all. But right now I feel saddened to hear of his passing. A Dad, Husband etc and from what I've heard from others he was a decent bloke if you knew him. Condolences to family, friends.

Sad times - losing another fellow Seasider regardless of how we got on with him at times. Condolence to all of John's family.

Brings a sense of our own mortality doesn't it? I had my 60th Birthday yesterday and boy do I feel it at times. Enjoy each day Seasiders, enjoy.....

I think as we all get older you can become more opinionated, however I also think when you hear of people you know passing it does make you think about how fragile, and7 short life is.
As GBS said, youth is wasted on the young.

Prem will have seen some great times as a Pool fan.
I recall him saying that he never missed a game in the Prem season.
Its always hard when you lose someone, even more so at this time of the year.