SACK SLAV | Page 3 | Vital Football

SACK SLAV

Just a polite question Raumy.
Are you quite sure it was CW playing silly buggers with the board - or could it possibly have been the other way round?
So far, the only version in the public domain is the Prince’s.
Perhaps there is another yet to be heard. :cool:

The case could be put that Wilder damned himself with his own words as he gushed over his "best ever transfer window" before presiding over a 14 points from 84 campaign. The board financed this "best ever transfer widow" but then became the villains of Wilder's shifting narrative when he was faced with the adversity of his own making and responded by lashing out at Abdullah and the Board by trying to paint them as the villains.

The Prince may not have come good on promised improvements to training facilities and he admitted to blocking Wilder's request to sign a defensive midfielder in January. But I'd be surprised if there was anything to justify the very public attacks by Wilder - attacks that seemed even worse considering Abdullah's commitment to not sacking him.

If Chris really wanted to get his story out there he'd have turned down the financial settlement linked to the NDA. He took the cash.

Musa Abdulla Saud We have a great manager and had a good transfer window and hope to continue this in future.

Prince Abdullah I agree with Chris and I believe this window has been the best window since I've been here.

All three were wrong apparently.

Musa Abdulla Saud We have a great manager and had a good transfer window and hope to continue this in future.

Prince Abdullah I agree with Chris and I believe this window has been the best window since I've been here.

All three were wrong apparently.
well hes not gonna turn round n say wilders dropped a reight bollock signing them players,what a waste of money is he lmfao. Wilder left by the back door he jumped ship because he was in a bad place mentally,he was missing training sessions ,he started to distance himself from the players,they wernt performing for him, in his own words on sky, maybe it needs another voice in there,cause they arnt listening to mine. He,d run his course ,he achieved quicker than he ever thought he would, it took its toll on every one of em the energy they all put in as absolutely left em all on empty. wilder jumped hes re charged. the players havnt had that luxury. They say a change is as good as a rest.

well hes not gonna turn round n say wilders dropped a reight bollock signing them players,what a waste of money is he lmfao. Wilder left by the back door he jumped ship because he was in a bad place mentally,he was missing training sessions ,he started to distance himself from the players,they wernt performing for him, in his own words on sky, maybe it needs another voice in there,cause they arnt listening to mine. He,d run his course ,he achieved quicker than he ever thought he would, it took its toll on every one of em the energy they all put in as absolutely left em all on empty. wilder jumped hes re charged. the players havnt had that luxury. They say a change is as good as a rest.

That was said at the forum so I would suggest they thought it was a good window or say nothing. Every manager or player has a ceiling when they reach it there's only one way to go and that's down the signs were there after lockdown some couldn't or didn't want to see it. We over achieved finishing 9th that was down to Wilder and the players, anybody who thought that would be a normal occurrence should give their head a shake. We had been sussed and without a huge turnover of personal it was always going to be relegation fight, the Prince doesn't have the wherewithal to do that. Anybody who has followed United know they always manage to screw it up most fans know that others always need a scapegoat.

You could use the same logic saying Our Chris wasn't going to come out and say it was a poor window or that some of the signings wern't on his wish list was he Twirls.:wagging: UTB

That was said at the forum so I would suggest they thought it was a good window or say nothing. Every manager or player has a ceiling when they reach it there's only one way to go and that's down the signs were there after lockdown some couldn't or didn't want to see it. We over achieved finishing 9th that was down to Wilder and the players, anybody who thought that would be a normal occurrence should give their head a shake. We had been sussed and without a huge turnover of personal it was always going to be relegation fight, the Prince doesn't have the wherewithal to do that. Anybody who has followed United know they always manage to screw it up most fans know that others always need a scapegoat.
totally agree, i tend to call it as it is to be honest. if a player plays shit then hes played shit if hes plays good then hes played good in my view ,it a manager does good then thats it if he leaves a sinking ship and lets down every fucker that idolised him then thats it as well. wilder did great then equally did as bad. He knew this and jumped by the back door,prince bog roll tried and tried to keep him,wilder had made his mind up,and that was that, hes now fully recharged and i expect him to go to the prem,i also expect him to learn by the mistakes he made with us ,very costly ones at that. thanks but fuck ya very much. he aint bigger than this club,in the end he fucked up. but thanks for the good memories

You could use the same logic saying Our Chris wasn't going to come out and say it was a poor window or that some of the signings wern't on his wish list was he Twirls.:wagging: UTB
You could Rod but that begs the question why not keep schtumm rather than saying 'the best ever'?

Last edited:
totally agree, i tend to call it as it is to be honest. if a player plays shit then hes played shit if hes plays good then hes played good in my view ,it a manager does good then thats it if he leaves a sinking ship and lets down every fucker that idolised him then thats it as well. wilder did great then equally did as bad. He knew this and jumped by the back door,prince bog roll tried and tried to keep him,wilder had made his mind up,and that was that, hes now fully recharged and i expect him to go to the prem,i also expect him to learn by the mistakes he made with us ,very costly ones at that. thanks but fuck ya very much. he aint bigger than this club,in the end he fucked up. but thanks for the good memories

I've said before I never bought into "In Wilder we trust" the guy did a fantastic job and dragged this club through the leagues and he was well payed for doing it. As I said he and the players over achieved and a decline was on the cards without serious investment, I remember the Owner saying we will be an established top ten side and pushing for Europe, it amused me then and is tragic now.

He’ll have learned some lessons as did Colin when he got us there and as Colin benefitted from us so will Chris I expect him to get boro up in the next couple of seasons they will certainly be up there or thereabouts

I've said before I never bought into "In Wilder we trust" the guy did a fantastic job and dragged this club through the leagues and he was well payed for doing it. As I said he and the players over achieved and a decline was on the cards without serious investment, I remember the Owner saying we will be an established top ten side and pushing for Europe, it amused me then and is tragic now.
There were quite a few on here who thought last season would be a tough one but nobody predicted or expected the shitstorm that hit us we literally fell off the cliff

There were quite a few on here who thought last season would be a tough one but nobody predicted or expected the shitstorm that hit us we literally fell off the cliff

There were indicators after lockdown, we had been sussed and last season was always going to be a struggle. A good number of players had peaked and were on a downward slope.
I've no idea what CW asked the Prince to stump up for his war chest and to be honest I could care less it's history. The only fact is the owner hasn't the cash to run a Premiership football club and unless he attracts serious investment I doubt anything will change