Ryanair Cancellations | Vital Football

Ryanair Cancellations

BBJ

Father Of The Forum
Good old Ryanair.
We were booked on a flight to Manchester today and they sent us an email late Friday to inform us our flight was cancelled.
Apparently, they're having to axe around 50 flights a day for the next few weeks on account of their pilots having to take holidays.
Or so they say - there are rumours that they are shedding staff like crazy so don't actually have enough people to fulfil their schedule.
Anyway, the next available flights (which, in fairness, they've booked for no extra cost) are on Tuesday so we're going to be a day late for our brief visit to Lancashire.
Michael O'Leary is staying remarkably quiet..... :15:

I must say, I'm somewhat aprehensive to the status of my flight to Blighty next Sunday, returning on the following Friday .

Yes, my flight to Madrid on Wednesday was cancelled on Friday. I managed to find an alternative flight with another airline a bit later on the same day. The problem I have is that I don't yet know the status of my return flight due to leave Madrid to BHX on Sunday. Do I risk it, with the possibility of it being cancelled whilst i'm out there??
Total disgrace and its not just affecting the 2% of flights they are cancelling, but the other 98 % who have no idea wether they are one of the 2%!!
Not just the flight but people have hotels, trains, car hires that are all affected if the flight is cancelled.

One thing people should know if the flight is cancelled within 2 weeks of the flight you are entitled to a refund AND between 250 and 400 euros per passenger. This could potentially cost anything up to £100 million for Ryanunfair.

According to their Twitter, they have just said that all cancellations up to 31st Oct will be listed between today and tomorrow.

Here is a list of cancellations published for you to check VOTN.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

This should help you BBJ

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2017/09/ryanair-cancels-100s-of-flights---your-rights

I have heard that actually many of their pilots are approaching the maximum number of flying hours per years [900 hours of flight time in any calendar year] and also that quite a number are going to other airlines like Norwegian.

sirdennis - 18/9/2017 20:11

This should help you BBJ

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2017/09/ryanair-cancels-100s-of-flights---your-rights

Thanks, sirdennis.
I suspect that Ruinair will do their utmost to wriggle out of their obligations here.

If you're flight is cancelled with less than 2 weeks notice you are entitled to the refund AND 250 Euro compensation.

O' leary said in the press conf, they will pay up.

We can thank one of those pesky EU regulations for this compensation!

I've submitted my claim. However, I'm not going to be surprised if they start wriggling and prevaricating.

I've only ever flown Ryanair twice in my life, only if it is exceptionally more expensive on another airline will I fly Ryanair. I'm sure cattle at a slaughterhouse are treated with more contempt than the average Ryanair passenger.

Unfortunately given their business model setup they are here for a while yet

danvilla2 - 19/9/2017 06:43

I've only ever flown Ryanair twice in my life, only if it is exceptionally more expensive on another airline will I fly Ryanair. I'm sure cattle at a slaughterhouse are treated with more contempt than the average Ryanair passenger.

They are the biggest airline in Europe. :O

I can't understand why Ryanair is so popular. Surely there are other airlines with a similar business model? Personally, I have never flown Ryanair and certainly wouldn't as I can't stand the little toerag of an owner.

BodyButter - 19/9/2017 02:42

Yep, low cost is a winner and everything down to their head office being a shack lives up to the mentality of the company.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Asian airlines (air Asia, china southern airways) to make long haul travel more affordable.

Sorry for whatever reason I have never got my head around doing full links from You-Tube. Doesn't matter how many times I do what is in the You Tube link post it doesn't work. If an admin wants to edit and put this right, please do.

This is hilarious. I have heard this many times and still laugh. Its about cheap flights ditty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9VcCzMSqg

danvilla2 - 20/9/2017 06:45

Yep, low cost is a winner and everything down to their head office being a shack lives up to the mentality of the company.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Asian airlines (air Asia, china southern airways) to make long haul travel more affordable.

Air Asia had a route from KL to London but it didn't work out. They are still flying to Australia from here.

One of the Hong Kong based airlines tried to do low cost flights to London too but I don't think they could make it work either.

chicovilla - 18/9/2017 21:02

Here is a list of cancellations published for you to check VOTN.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

Cheers, I found this yesterday, fortunately for me, my flights are not currently affected.

BodyButter - 20/9/2017 04:30

danvilla2 - 20/9/2017 06:45

Air Asia had a route from KL to London but it didn't work out. They are still flying to Australia from here.

One of the Hong Kong based airlines tried to do low cost flights to London too but I don't think they could make it work either.

I'm talking over the next two decades or so, won't be over night. Three of the best airlines I've flew on recently were cathay dragon, air Asia and Wizz air - all low cost airlines, the two latter with a low cost base. Hopefully planes become efficient and jet fuel remains relatively cheap!

In contrast BA are a baggy company with a lot of overhead cost on their P&L which they're trying to cut down out of LHR predominately. I think the likes or Norwegian air are showing how it can be done, I'd be quite happy to drive to a less traditional airport in the U.K. (Bristol, Southend, Southampton) if I could go long haul for less than £500 peak season.

Hope that's the future! I do quite like rocking up to a continent far outside of Europe and generally the people love meeting a Brit.

We flew to LA with Norwegian in the summer, £3000 for 5 people, round trip was pretty darn reasonable. Thinking of popping back for a short break in February, round trip for 5 people, just £1400. No frills but a clean plane with decent service and hand lugguage included....bargain!