📢 Ryan Mason - Coach | Vital Football

📢 Ryan Mason - Coach

I do think people do Mason a disservice when they say he only picks his mates. The last time he was interim his record was pretty good, considering his complete lack of experience. He also turned out to be correct on the players he didn't pick.

My concern is will all the players listen to him, or will they see him sticking around as no different? I hope not.

I do think people do Mason a disservice when they say he only picks his mates. The last time he was interim his record was pretty good, considering his complete lack of experience. He also turned out to be correct on the players he didn't pick.

My concern is will all the players listen to him, or will they see him sticking around as no different? I hope not.
Or maybe they will stand up and be counted more for their mate than what they would for some nobody manager who they knew would be gone in a few weeks

Yep, Bergwijn starting with Bale on the bench is a great example of that.

The players won't listen to him though. We're now back to an expectation on a manager having to fix the club's cultural and personnel problems. That's not his role. Some have been passive aggressive to 3 or 4 managers now. They won't change in these 6 games as they haven't listened to any manager for years.