Russia | Vital Football

Russia

NI Villan

Vital 1st Team Regular
Anyone watch the documentary called 'far right and proud' with reggie yates on bbc3?

Focused on the militant far right element mostly, but prior to that showed the general support for Putin and the government, in the face of perceived western aggression against Russia.

It got me thinking, while the far right stuff was unpalatable, the people were fiercely loyal to their government and country. Does that same loyalty exist in the west, or has the bond between state and citizen been broken by the non voted for policies of mass immigration, etc?

NI Villan - 14/4/2015 00:49

Does that same loyalty exist in the west, or has the bond between state and citizen been broken by the non voted for policies of mass immigration, etc?

Did we ever have one? Do most people actually think that their representative in parliament actually cares for them and will go out of their way for the people who put them in office?

Nothing to do with mass immigration or any other Daily Mail scare story.

Our Gov are a bunch of war mongering, back hander receiving, lying, cheating, back stabbing, self serving "a holes" with the moral compass of a prostitute addicted to heroin.

That is what has broken MY bond with "the state"

I'd like to think I'm loyal to my country, but yes, there is obviously and situation with the policy of mass immigration which we did not vote for.

That's the EU for you. Wonderful isn't I?........

Juan Mourep - 14/4/2015 02:08

NI Villan - 14/4/2015 00:49

Does that same loyalty exist in the west, or has the bond between state and citizen been broken by the non voted for policies of mass immigration, etc?

Did we ever have one? Do most people actually think that their representative in parliament actually cares for them and will go out of their way for the people who put them in office?

Nothing to do with mass immigration or any other Daily Mail scare story.

Our Gov are a bunch of war mongering, back hander receiving, lying, cheating, back stabbing, self serving "a holes" with the moral compass of a prostitute addicted to heroin.

That is what has broken MY bond with "the state"

One of our biggest issue in 'The West' is that being a politician is now an occupation for these guys... Every position needs to be term based now you get 5 year terms to a maximum of two is the all I can really see working...

Guys make a career out of it and in the case of the USA they become very easy to manipulate as they want to stay in office... House of Cards is a good illustration for those who arent really paying attention...

The US is a warmachine and most of its 'allies' are simply weak, Ireland is a disgrace and there are few if any people who should be allowed to run for Government... Ireland needs radical change but the problem is some of the radical people who could affect change could massively destabilise the region... Believe me when I say there are some idiots who would fuck up the relative peace in North Ireland...

I think we'll slowly edge towards better leadership as the older generations die off although the burden many have left will be difficult to overturn...

BTW a new thing I learned the other day is that trade agreements etc. are fucking terrible... In the USA groups get together and hammer out these trade details which cannot be released to the public until 5 years after they take effect... Ask yourself what kinda shady shit is in there... Some of it is 'USA allows X chemical in X product, the chemical is banned in Ireland' yeah well the company can come in and garner votes to support the chemical being allowed to be in the product and circumvent Irish law... thats just one example...

Tend to agree with Juan, don't think we ever had the bond. Our working classes were oppressed by the rich (well, they were peasants back in the day obviously) although there seems (to me an unfathomable) bond to the royal family by the rank and file in the country.

I think the time the country has come together with a bond, (and that includes many in the commonwealth, people forget how many '******ing foreigners' (sic) fought side by side with us during the world wars) is during times of real duress like the World Wars...

The world wars were the last time the bond did exist I think. People were proud of their country back then.

What does it mean to be British, Irish, etc today? A free market? Free movement? Just think that nationalism is finished, certainly compared with the depth of feeling the Russians displayed.

But we've always been a) less oppressed/brainwashed b) multicultural or at least more multicultural than some countries.

Not sure you'd find the poorest in Russia saying they have a great love of their country / system?

CDX_EIRE - 14/4/2015 03:14

BTW a new thing I learned the other day is that trade agreements etc. are fucking terrible... In the USA groups get together and hammer out these trade details which cannot be released to the public until 5 years after they take effect... Ask yourself what kinda shady shit is in there... Some of it is 'USA allows X chemical in X product, the chemical is banned in Ireland' yeah well the company can come in and garner votes to support the chemical being allowed to be in the product and circumvent Irish law... thats just one example...

Interesting - any example of this happening ?

US manufacturers have to comply with EU chemical regulations to supply into the EU.
Ireland is signed up to EU regulation and would need to comply -
it's a complex area though so curious to see the example.

Agree with Juan dude as ever, our politicians am not representertive of me, i didn't want us to go into Iraq we did, i didn't want us to go into Afghan we did, i don't want us to interfere in other countries affairs or pizz of Russia we do, it's all a sick joke on us.

Has anybody seen the news with Russia having ships in our English channell this morning? I am wondering if this is going to kick off, i know we have scare mongering etc but i got a bad feeling about Putin wanting to really show who is boss cos we keep prodding the bear he will turn round and bite.

BringbakMON - 14/4/2015 09:03

CDX_EIRE - 14/4/2015 03:14

Interesting - any example of this happening ?

US manufacturers have to comply with EU chemical regulations to supply into the EU.
Ireland is signed up to EU regulation and would need to comply -
it's a complex area though so curious to see the example.

I need to investigate further I did take it at face value but apparently at least in terms of the North American agreements they are trying to enforce this stuff...

Allegedly multinationals get their career politicians on board to enforce these rules and such in 'free trade' agreements... They fight to avoid it going to senate/house of parliament and then get 5 year bans on distribution to the public after it is signed and sealed... Insane if true and I am certain it is due to the source 'Dan Carlins Common Sense'...

I'll look into it... To some extent though the shit you sign up for in the EU is the same stuff... EU laws usurp UK and Irish stuff, its interesting that the EU said we're exempt from some stuff but thats probably not quite the case...

It's not been published by our press, but reports have suggested that if Cameron wins the election, Putin will declare war with the United Kingdom............ Unless I've missed it, the great british press deem this un- newsworthy.

I can't see the difference between puppet Cameron and puppet Milliband being thedifference between war declared on us by Russia tbh, i think this war is coming even dad says this is like the run up to the old WWars, i really hope it ay but i just feel our politicians the puppets am being told to keep prodding the bear and start a war they want it but for the life of me i don't know why cos Putin will use Nukes

I was possibly wrong in terms of US-Europe but it shows that it could happen...

[youtube=beOJtXLSQyc#t]

Bernie Sanders Calls Out Media For Not Covering Obama's Trade Deal
Andrew Hart
The Huffington Post

www.huffpost.com/us/entry/6777248

Adding to the chorus of protest over President Barack Obama’s push for a controversial new trade pact with Asia, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) sounded off on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and accused mainstream media of not covering what could be one of the biggest trade agreements in history.

“The major television networks are not covering the TPP. Incredible as it may sound, this trade agreement—the largest trade agreement in the history of the United States of America—has received virtually no coverage, no coverage, on the major networks,” Sanders said from the Senate floor on Thursday.

TPP is a trade deal being negotiated between the U.S., Canada and ten other Asia-Pacific nations, covering about 40 percent of the global economy. Supporters of the treaty argue that it would boost economic growth in participating countries by reducing tariffs, increasing investments and bringing the member nations closer together.

Critics aren’t buying it, arguing TPP would take jobs out of the U.S., increase income inequality, allow multinational corporations to sidestep U.S. regulations and reward countries with poor human rights records.

“I think it’s obvious for anyone who has taken a look at this issue that the TPP is just a new, easy way for corporations to shut down in America to send jobs abroad,” Sanders said.

Sanders likened TPP to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the poor-performing trade pact signed in 1994, which led to a loss of jobs and the deterioration of labor conditions in the U.S. and other partner nations.

“Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is sometimes called insanity.” “If we think that a new trade agreement based on the same principles of the old trade agreements are going to bring different results, I think we are very, very wrong.”

Adding to the skepticism of TPP is that talks about the deal have been done in secret, so the exact implications are largely unknown, save for what has been revealed in leaks. Democrats have been joined by labor and environmental groups in calling foul on the deal and Obama’s request for “fast-track” authority — the ability to make trade agreements with less interference from Congress. Most Republicans have signaled they would grant Obama fast-track authority.

A petition from Sanders aiming to stop TPP said, “If TPP was such a good deal for America, the administration should have the courage to show the American people exactly what is in this deal, instead of keeping the content of the TPP a secret.”

Yeah yeah wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership#Controversy

Watched that youtube clip and it is shocking ay it that important issues like trade policies am ignored by media when Kim Kardashans boobs and fat azz am on the news everyday,,,i ay saying it ay nice to see boobies and azz but cmon at least a 30 second clip of the deals politicians make then 20 minutes boobies and bums?

upthevilla - 18/4/2015 15:38

Clive, I think Putin has a particular aversion to Dave.

Perhaps he fancies Nick Clegg and got upset when Dave got into bed with him so that he could become PM. Bitch.

astonion - 19/4/2015 19:17

upthevilla - 18/4/2015 15:38

Clive, I think Putin has a particular aversion to Dave.

Perhaps he fancies Nick Clegg and got upset when Dave got into bed with him so that he could become PM. Bitch.

:10: :10: :19: :19: That is one disturbing thought and scared me :11:

Putin i really do wonder if he is as hard as he makes out, he might be cos he was supposed to be KGB and they am tough feckers, i wonder if he has ever offered any other leader out? :3: