Rumours that Swansea and Steve Cooper | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rumours that Swansea and Steve Cooper

anyone else seen owd Warnock givin signed foto's away at a friendly game,he was carryin them in a bumbag.:giggle: It seems like he's signing Matt Crooks from the Millers,he's a decent enough player but i'd be disapointed if we were signing Crooks.UTB

On a 6 month sabbatical as his wages are still being paid by the Club I suspect, this being his severance. if the legal team at SUFC have got the terms right CW will forfeit any remaining severance if he gets new employment before the end of the 6 month term. Apart from his tainted record in dealing with Club owners I suspect having to cover this cost has put some potential new employers off.

The Prince mentioned he had a £15 mill compensation clause in CW's contract so they will want to ensure he doesn't walk straight into another job without some benefit to SUFC.

Its also rumoured Alan Knill is still on the payroll
Inter Miami would be a decent gig for our Chris once they sack Phil Neville,worse places to sun bathe i'd imagine.:giggle: UTB

Just had a look to see what Swansea fans think of the situation. They all seem pleased that Cooper is gone (because of rubbish football) and are excited by the idea of Eustace as manager. His Kidderminster were renowned as the Barcalona of non-league apparently. Somehow I don't think our fans would have thought along the same lines if we had been linked with him...

Inter Miami would be a decent gig for our Chris once they sack Phil Neville,worse places to sun bathe i'd imagine.:giggle: UTB
I am not sure CW is fashionable enough for Becks and Miami. Can you imagine CW and Knilly taking training in Crockett and Tubbs style ?.. Tubby maybe.

Attachments

• Miami-Vice-Crockett-and-Tubbs.jpg
    Miami-Vice-Crockett-and-Tubbs.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 2
On a 6 month sabbatical as his wages are still being paid by the Club I suspect, this being his severance. if the legal team at SUFC have got the terms right CW will forfeit any remaining severance if he gets new employment before the end of the 6 month term. Apart from his tainted record in dealing with Club owners I suspect having to cover this cost has put some potential new employers off.

The Prince mentioned he had a £15 mill compensation clause in CW's contract so they will want to ensure he doesn't walk straight into another job without some benefit to SUFC.

Its also rumoured Alan Knill is still on the payroll with the express intention of getting some compensation should CW get a new job within the 6 months and ask for AK to be part of his team. All speculation but as there is radio silence on this from the Club the theories will continue to grow.

I never expected to see Chris Wilder in a new job until he had received his full severance. If the lawyers have done their job right there will still be some confidentiality clauses operating after this date.
Cheers LST.
So, mid September and he's available again.It will be interesting to see what comes to. Will the manner of his leaving affect the offers he gets?
Time will tell.

Given that Palace went all the way to Vieira without CW getting in the frame, I'd imagine that there isn't a Premier League club who'll come calling. Maybe Burnley if they part company with Dyche at some point. There'd probably be a fair number of Championship sides who'd be interested though, should they have a bad start and fire the current occupant.

John Terry's left Vile-A today to pursue getting a managers job.I wonder if he's Swansea bound after Eustace turned down the Swans job? UTB

I don't think club owners care about how good a manager is but sees it as part of the "brand" if you have brought a club which is unheard outside this country, and the owner is trying to impress his friends and when they reply who? he can say they are managed by Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney etc. someone that will impress the non football fan. I even think McCabe chose Robson just to impress his Chinese business partners.

wasn't it Terry Robinson that peruaded KMcC to bring in Robson?
Yes.Instrumental as one of the Manchester boozers that promoted Nobson's cause (AA???)

However,as MB says above, it was also fuelled by an ego trip based on the McC global brand building , (Pauses to find the right word, can't think of the correct word, ah yes) .....,failure.

Yes.Instrumental as one of the Manchester boozers that promoted Nobson's cause (AA???)

However,as MB says above, it was also fuelled by an ego trip based on the McC global brand building , (Pauses to find the right word, can't think of the correct word, ah yes) .....,failure.
Just a reminder where we were in the league when Mr McC left us TT.

I don't think club owners care about how good a manager is but sees it as part of the "brand" if you have brought a club which is unheard outside this country, and the owner is trying to impress his friends and when they reply who? he can say they are managed by Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney etc. someone that will impress the non football fan. I even think McCabe chose Robson just to impress his Chinese business partners.
There's no doubt in my mind that McCabe chose Robson for the McCabe 'brand' as opposed to his ability the manage a football team. I think that McCabe hoped he could buy him success by backing him like he'd never backed a manager before or since but the hapless Robson failed miserably leaving the club financially hamstrung for years and in my opinion this was the main reason that we were relegated and then spent so many years in League One.

I was even more incredulous at the time that after this absolutely disastrous appointment, McCabe was still willing to throw even more money in Robson's direction by offering him a role as club ambassador. Something that I think said everything about McCabe's true motive's. It was to purely benefit and grow his property business empire globally. Nobody in their right minds could say that it was to benefit the football club surely?

Just history in a lifetime of support for many. He left us one league higher as you know TT. Not saying he was a great owner but he could have been much worse mate.
True Chips, just history which,by it's very nature, gets measured by the length of events and I just pointed out the longest in living memory AND in SUFC's history :p

History as they say is in the past. Now back to the present and we have still not made any signings with by all accounts very little to play with from a budget prospective.
What's the betting we start the season without any New signings ?.

True Chips, just history which,by it's very nature, gets measured by the length of events and I just pointed out the longest in living memory AND in SUFC's history :p

I disagree. If you asked people to name the worst war England has ever been involved in, how many would say the hundred years war, or the war of the roses? Both significantly longer conflicts than the two world wars. Same with civil wars. Most people will know about the brief conflict between the Roundheads and Cavaliers, but how many remember the 20 year civil war between Empress Matilda and King Stephen?

History as they say is in the past. Now back to the present and we have still not made any signings with by all accounts very little to play with from a budget prospective.
What's the betting we start the season without any New signings ?.
Are other Championship clubs signing many players then BFL? I genuinely don’t know what the situation is, but I’ve not heard of much happening.

Are other Championship clubs signing many players then BFL? I genuinely don’t know what the situation is, but I’ve not heard of much happening.
They are not Gray but most do not have Prem parachute payments. The question is would our current squad be good enough ?.