• Win

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Win this and the next one and it means we can the feet up for the later group games that are slotted in between the run of 3 PL games against Man City, Chelsea and then Arsenal. Important to win this if we want to be able to focus on those games.

But our squad should be good enough to win this group regardless of who plays with all due respect.

...and why not indeed rest key players like Kane Son loris Hoj etc and give the rest of the squad (almost) game time and an opportunity to impress and fight their way into the ongoing starting line up/first choicers positions.

You could easily see a whole team change:
Hart, Aurier, Rodon, Sanchez, Reggie, Winks, Lo Celso, Dele, Bale, Vinicius, Bergwijn
This team scares me a bit, but with the exception of Lamela who I think will play from the start, it probably will be the starting eleven. I really can't see too many of last night's team being involved initially. Hopefully we can strengthen considerably using the five sub rule, because we may well need to.

One big priority is for Jose to ensure that Dele gets a start and a genuine chance to prove himself. A lot of the other attacking players have been hit and miss but still keep getting plenty of opportunities. I would also like to see Gio and Bale build their playing time to continue to get to peak match fitness. I'd also like Ndombele to show that at 23 he can now start playing more and more.

Hart
Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Reguilon
Gio, Winks, Ndombele
Dele, Bale
Vinicius

I've said this a fair few times, but we really should use the EL to find another system. Let's leave Vini right up and watch the full-backs and 5 ball playing midfielders wreak havoc.

The EL has to be the priority over the next couple of weeks, we all want a trophy and for me that has to be the one.
I have a gut feeling we have a shout at the league but it's too soon to say, come the end of November and we'll have a much better idea. As for EL we must be one of the favourites to win it, Jose has a tricky balancing act over the next 3-4 weeks.

Win this and the next one and it means we can the feet up for the later group games that are slotted in between the run of 3 PL games against Man City, Chelsea and then Arsenal. Important to win this if we want to be able to focus on those games.

But our squad should be good enough to win this group regardless of who plays with all due respect.

Next run of games alone is ridiculous:

Thurs 29th - Antwerp v Spurs
Sunday 1st - Spurs v Brighton
Thurs 5th - Razgrad v Spurs
Sat 7th - West Brom - Spurs

:oops:

One big priority is for Jose to ensure that Dele gets a start and a genuine chance to prove himself. A lot of the other attacking players have been hit and miss but still keep getting plenty of opportunities. I would also like to see Gio and Bale build their playing time to continue to get to peak match fitness. I'd also like Ndombele to show that at 23 he can now start playing more and more.

Hart
Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Reguilon
Gio, Winks, Ndombele
Dele, Bale
Vinicius

I've said this a fair few times, but we really should use the EL to find another system. Let's leave Vini right up and watch the full-backs and 5 ball playing midfielders wreak havoc.
I wouldn’t risk ND in this one after he left everything on the pitch on Monday...maybe from the bench if needed....LoCo should be in as he hasn’t played much so should be fresh.

Hope you get your wish regarding Dele, at least we will be able to see what, if any5hing, he can bring to the team, and then we can move on.