Rovers vs Latics - The only way is up ! | Vital Football

Rovers vs Latics - The only way is up !

OnLoanfromEnfield

Vital 1st Team Regular
Another reboot and a tricky match to start off with... discuss

Is it really 2012 since when we last won at Ewood Park ?

Shaun Maloney last played at Ewood Park (for Wigan) under Malky Mackay 17th Jan 2015 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30758822

Is this Graham Barrows first match back at Ewood Park (with Wigan) since sharing coaching duties with Andy Welch?
(With the one eyed tactical genius stood further back passing his tactical insights via two gophers)

A decent away following making plenty of noise will hopefully assist the team getting a much needed result. Personally,I think we could get a fighting draw under the new manager.

Blackburn are currently 6th in the Championship with 43 points.
Blackburn's overall form of late has not been great but their home form is superior to everyone bar Burnley, Sheffield and Millwall. Their last two league matched were away at Bristol City (a 1-1 draw) and away at Rotherham when they got tonked 4-0.
Of course our form has stunk under the previous coaching wizards but our away form is the same as Blackburn's on a points basis.
Blackburn are the only team in the Championship to have drawn one match.

Blackburn Overall
Played 28 Won 14 Drawn 1 Lost 13 Scored 31 Conceded 35

Blackburn Home form
Played 13 Won 9 Drawn 0 Lost 4 Scored 20 Conceded 13 (2.08 points per game)

January 1st (Their last home league match)
Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 Cardiff City

December 29th
Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Middlesbrough

December 10th
Blackburn Rovers 1 - 4 Preston North End

November 5th
Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 Huddersfield Town

October 22nd
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 1 Birmingham City

October 18th
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0 Sunderland

October 11th
Wigan Athletic 1 - 0 Blackburn Rovers

October 8th
Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 Rotherham United

October 1st
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 1 Millwall

September 13th
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0 Watford

September 3rd
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 3 Bristol City

August 27th
Blackburn Rovers 0 - 1 Stoke City

August 14th
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 1 West Bromwich Albion

July 30th
Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 Queens Park Rangers

Any corrections appreciated.

Some of their fans talk of protesting against them while the cameras are against their owners and mostly CEO could fall in our favor if we sing for our boys and Blackburn slag the board off all game

I think it's really interesting seeing how the Blackburn fans talk about the Venkeys. For any faults they have they have effectively been covering the cost of the completing reasonably well at this level for years. They must have sunk tens of millions in over their time.

We had the fiasco with our previous owners and our current owners haven't been willing or able to put the money in this year to sign anyone on anything beyond a short term deal or loan. So as much as they are frustrated by them - I think they aren't anywhere near as bad as they think they are. If they did decide to sell the club I think Blackburn could end up a lot worse off in the end than they are now.

Can’t see us scoring goals. With fletcher up front. Should have brought a forward in. Some one to hold the ball up hoping for a draw praying for a win. But a 3 nil loss.

I think it's really interesting seeing how the Blackburn fans talk about the Venkeys. For any faults they have they have effectively been covering the cost of the completing reasonably well at this level for years. They must have sunk tens of millions in over their time.

We had the fiasco with our previous owners and our current owners haven't been willing or able to put the money in this year to sign anyone on anything beyond a short term deal or loan. So as much as they are frustrated by them - I think they aren't anywhere near as bad as they think they are. If they did decide to sell the club I think Blackburn could end up a lot worse off in the end than they are now.
Rovers owe their very existence to Venkys. Every year they pump millions into Rovers just like the Hemmings family at Nob End.
£156 million the last I heard Rovers owe the chicken botherers. Like Latics both Rovers and the Nobbers have poor crowds.
If Venkys wanted their money back, who could possibly buy the club?
Delusional Blackburn fans as usual. No protest weeks ago when top 2.

Rovers owe their very existence to Venkys. Every year they pump millions into Rovers just like the Hemmings family at Nob End.
£156 million the last I heard Rovers owe the chicken botherers. Like Latics both Rovers and the Nobbers have poor crowds.
If Venkys wanted their money back, who could possibly buy the club?
Delusional Blackburn fans as usual. No protest weeks ago when top 2.
Trouble is if rovers went bust The. EFL would bend over backwards for them And PNE.

Shaun definitely brought back the feel good factor and it seems he put the players through the winger, think he knew many of them have had an easy ride this season. A win Monday will really be the elevator though

Just as DW did 25 years' ago.
Dave Whelan spent a fraction of the amount the others spent and are still spending.
He also got £M's back, and £M's of pounds worth of advertising for all his businesses over the years.
I will be eternally grateful for what Dave Whelan did for Wigan Athletic, but he didn't do too bad out of the deal himself, and he loved every minute of the fame it brought him.
We wouldn't be where we are today or achieved what we have achieved, but don't ever kid yourselves that the well being of Dave Whelan and all his Companies weren't firmly part of the deal and more important to him than Wigan athletic.
His business acumen was fantastic at the time and did wonders for us and JJB etc, but once he realised it started to cost much, much more than what he could expect to get out of it, he sold us down the river to the Chinese, the rest as they say is history.
For a man who was supposed to be Mr Wigan Athletic he chose to play no part at all to try to repair the damage he had caused.
Whether he would have stepped in, in the 11th hour to save us, who knows? But he did let us suffer for months when just a tiny investment at the time, in comparison to what had gone on before could have saved everyone all the heartache, worry and fear.

Just as DW did 25 years' ago.
The difference of course being that Dave Whelan is rightly seen as a messiah among Wigan fans, whilst Venkys are seen as the worst owners in the country by Blackburn fans.

Tell you what Rovers, let’s swap, then you can really see what shit ownership is all about. I have no time for Blackburn really, their fans think they have a right to be a top half Premier League club because they won a few trophies in the stone age and Uncle Jack won them a Premier League. Fact is they have a core support of around 11-12k tops which is bottom of the barrel Championship/top level League One.

Even now they are punching well above their weight thanks to the generosity of Venkys. They were willing to pay Lewis O’Brien’s astronomical wages in full this deadline day, only for the move to fall through as a staffer fucked the paperwork.

Dave Whelan spent a fraction of the amount the others spent and are still spending.
He also got £M's back, and £M's of pounds worth of advertising for all his businesses over the years.
I will be eternally grateful for what Dave Whelan did for Wigan Athletic, but he didn't do too bad out of the deal himself, and he loved every minute of the fame it brought him.
We wouldn't be where we are today or achieved what we have achieved, but don't ever kid yourselves that the well being of Dave Whelan and all his Companies weren't firmly part of the deal and more important to him than Wigan athletic.
His business acumen was fantastic at the time and did wonders for us and JJB etc, but once he realised it started to cost much, much more than what he could expect to get out of it, he sold us down the river to the Chinese, the rest as they say is history.
For a man who was supposed to be Mr Wigan Athletic he chose to play no part at all to try to repair the damage he had caused.
Whether he would have stepped in, in the 11th hour to save us, who knows? But he did let us suffer for months when just a tiny investment at the time, in comparison to what had gone on before could have saved everyone all the heartache, worry and fear.
Horrific comment that. Get to fuck Jonny. One man caused the damage, the same man who conned the EFL, Darren Royle, Jonathan Jackson and the fans. Remember he PASSED the fit and proper persons test.

As for “saving us” I was reliably informed he wanted to do just that and got told in no uncertain terms by his close family (who are supposed to be in control of his money) that he wouldn’t be allowed. And I don’t blame them one bit. He’s an old man who has done his time. He deserves to live out the rest of his life in peace.

It is only my opinion, so no need for the aggression, calm down and take it easy.
I don't believe he had o sell so quickly to the first conman that came along, but the smell of a further £20M back in his hidden treasure chest must have helped make it an easy decision.
If he had wanted to save us I don't really think his family would have had much say in it. He was his own boss and always was, and was still capable of making his own decisions.
I agree with the rest of what you say, he is an old man and deserves the relaxation and peace he has now got, but it wouldn't have cost him a fortune in the grand old scale of things, and would only have made a slight dent in the Whelan Family Fortune.

Without looking it up, genuinely can't remember our last win. Was it against this lot?

It is only my opinion, so no need for the aggression, calm down and take it easy.
I don't believe he had o sell so quickly to the first conman that came along, but the smell of a further £20M back in his hidden treasure chest must have helped make it an easy decision.
If he had wanted to save us I don't really think his family would have had much say in it. He was his own boss and always was, and was still capable of making his own decisions.
I agree with the rest of what you say, he is an old man and deserves the relaxation and peace he has now got, but it wouldn't have cost him a fortune in the grand old scale of things, and would only have made a slight dent in the Whelan Family Fortune.
Were you calling Stanley Choi a conman back when he took over the club? Did you suspect that administration would be in our future down the line? Were you bollocks and did you bollocks! He’s not a conman either, he just wanted rid of the club at all costs and picked the worst way to do it.

No DW is not capable of making his own decisions anymore. That’s why his fortune is now out of his hands. And no it wouldn’t have made a “small dent” in the family fortune. Do you have the faintest clue how much it costs to run a football club? Have you had a look recently at the losses every Championship club are making including the Hemmings family owned Preston North End?

I don’t care if it’s your opinion, it’s a shite one and deserved calling out.

Were you calling Stanley Choi a conman back when he took over the club? Did you suspect that administration would be in our future down the line? Were you bollocks and did you bollocks! He’s not a conman either, he just wanted rid of the club at all costs and picked the worst way to do it.

No DW is not capable of making his own decisions anymore. That’s why his fortune is now out of his hands. And no it wouldn’t have made a “small dent” in the family fortune. Do you have the faintest clue how much it costs to run a football club? Have you had a look recently at the losses every Championship club are making including the Hemmings family owned Preston North End?

I don’t care if it’s your opinion, it’s a shite one and deserved calling out.[/QUOTE
It’s a football forum that’s all, talking about some blokes kicking a bag of wind around a pitch - it’s not life and death and people are entitled to an opinion even if you don’t agree with it.

You really do appear to be a bitter individual C_Latic.
I have reserved my right not to comment on your attitude to other posters on here for quite a long time, and given you the benefit of the doubt.
I am really not too sure anymore but I will continue to reserve judgment and sit back and read all the other posters comments that compliment you?????
BTW, I stand by my opinion as I am sure you do with yours.

PS. Saving a football Club from extinction, and continuing to run it( dependent on the level you are at) are two different things.