Rotherham United (h): Post-Match Interviews & Match Highlights | Vital Football

Rotherham United (h): Post-Match Interviews & Match Highlights

1) If we'd have just played one more pass on that first highlight it would have been a brilliant goal.
2) While Jensen did well on the penalty, he really should be saving those first two goals. I'm a bit worried after seeing that.

Yes, I thought he should have done better on all three goals.

First was a great shot, but he was slightly slow moving his feet before he dived. Second he was very badly positioned for the free kick. Too far to the centre. Third he came off his line hesitantly and pulled back slightly allowing their forward to beat him to the ball.

However its very early days and he is always going to be compared to Rushworth, so he has an ultra high standard to maintain.

What worried me slightly move is that our three centre backs looked all at sea on several occasions with a new keeper behind them, and Brown looked very average at left back (although most of our recent left backs have taken time to settle in).

The first highlight was a terrific move though, so lets hope we see more like that as time goes by.

Highlights show what I remember- we had a number of chances and half chances. Certainly as many as Rotherham however their quality in finishing goal opportunities was clear.

First was a great shot, but he was slightly slow moving his feet before he dived. Second he was very badly positioned for the free kick. Too far to the centre. Third he came off his line hesitantly and pulled back slightly allowing their forward to beat him to the ball.

However its very early days and he is always going to be compared to Rushworth, so he has an ultra high standard to maintain.

What worried me slightly move is that our three centre backs looked all at sea on several occasions with a new keeper behind them, and Brown looked very average at left back (although most of our recent left backs have taken time to settle in).

The first highlight was a terrific move though, so lets hope we see more like that as time goes by.
Feel a little reassured generally from those highlights, some good play.

I agree RE the centre backs though, I was a little taken aback when I saw them at Crewe considering they're all established Imps with a pre-existing relationship.

Feel a little reassured generally from those highlights, some good play.

I agree RE the centre backs though, I was a little taken aback when I saw them at Crewe considering they're all established Imps with a pre-existing relationship.

The difference is Roughan playing in his preferred role- last season it was mainly Poole. Poole is a different level to Roughan, Players have to build confidence in each other as a team within a team in their roles. It will come.

Well I’ve just watched the highlights and I think you’re being very harsh with your comments about the goalkeeper, the first goal was just an excellent finish, the second, I accept his starting position should probably have been a yard to his right and as far as the third is concerned I didn’t think he was slow coming out, rather he could have expected the two defenders in front of him to have done better.

The goals aren't as bad as I thought they'd be having read the comments.

First goal is a good finish, Jenson's positioning is fine for the free-kick - the wall covers that side and sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say it's a good FK.

The goals aren't as bad as I thought they'd be having read the comments.

First goal is a good finish, Jenson's positioning is fine for the free-kick - the wall covers that side and sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say it's a good FK.
Bit like £2.5million rated Alex Palmer..Jensen looks to have a weakness against good shots that go in the corner of the goal.

Nothing Jensen could do about any of the goals - the first was brilliantly curled just inside the post, the second was hit with power wide of the keeper's range, and the striker simply got to the ball first for the third. The first two were outstanding finishes, no goalkeeper is going to stop those (and Jensen is 6'6", remember). It might have been a different game if House had scored, as he should have done.

The highlights do not show the lack of pace and intensity about Lincoln, and that was the concern for me. Is it possible the players were told to avoid injury above all else? George Nurse and George Johnston would probably agree with that idea.

Hell of a shot for their first goal! Not much saving that. Really good free kick for the second, too. It would have been nice to have done better for the third, but a learning opportunity there I hope. Still a pre-season game, not the end of the world.

Great strikes, but doesn't mean the keeper shouldn't be doing better, especially with his reach.

Exactly. They were great strikes - but I would have backed Rushworth to get much closer to the first - which was not top corner, but halfway up the post as regards height.

The second was a superb free kick, but I'm not sure Jensen was positioned that well on his line. Having said that, it was so well placed that it probably made no difference.

It is very unfair, but Jensen is continually going to be compared to Rushworth so will be judged against an exceedingly high standard.

Exactly. They were great strikes - but I would have backed Rushworth to get much closer to the first - which was not top corner, but halfway up the post as regards height.

The second was a superb free kick, but I'm not sure Jensen was positioned that well on his line. Having said that, it was so well placed that it probably made no difference.

It is very unfair, but Jensen is continually going to be compared to Rushworth so will be judged against an exceedingly high standard.

"Rushworth ... continued his recent habit of making mistakes that cost us goals".

That was your verdict on Rushworth at the end of last season.... but overall you still rate him very highly ... and rightly so.

Let's sit back, put away our magnifying glass and wait for a few months and then we can make a balanced assessment.

I agree with you Chimp, but Jensen does have 2 hands which he should have used, and yes he was positioned wrong tor the second goal,lets wait 2/3 matches then decide(not months), but the management have known JW for last 14 months, and my opinion on that display Wright should start the season at Bolton, lets wait and see.No prediction yet a??

Come on Boys

Title updated. I would like all post-match videos to be posted on one thread after each match. So, that includes the match highlights and the post-match interviews from both sides.