Rolling Results | Page 46 | Vital Football

Rolling Results

It finishes 1-1 at the swamp.

Happy with that, and so will Leicester, I think. All on Spurs now to win at Chelsea. If they play as they did against us, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
I reckon today is the day Leicester won the league. We'll see.

Still can't work out how the top 4 chase will pan - out.

If we win today then we go 7 clear of the 'rags' with 2 games for us to play and 3 for them. They are away next to Norwich which won't be easy but you'd put money on the 'rags' sending them Dow. Then they away to West Ham who they beat there in the FA Cup. Then they have a cushy home game last game of the season - think it is Bournemouth or similar.

We have the Arse at home and Swans away who are coming into form.

If we draw today then back to square one.

If we lose then the 'rags' will see their home point against the likely champions in a very positive light.

So, if we win our final two games, it's guaranteed top 4 finish. If we falter against Arsenal (which we might) then it'll be a nervy final game. Wish that some of our squad cared to put in a full 90 minutes after being paid so well...

Kicking off at the Bridge - huge bust up, Podgey-Tino on the pitch and Dembele doing a Mourinho on Costa's eye socket (unspotted by the ref)

Spurs leading 2-0, true to form, Chelsea throwing a tantrum

2-2, cards galore, another mass bust up.

Funny how this sort of stuff always seems to happen when Chelsea play!

Saying that, Spurs have been utter thugs tonight too

Glad for Leicester, however the final 20 minutes from both clubs was an embarrassment to football. Terrible tackles, faking injuries, pushing and shoving. Glad that Spurs didn't win after that display.

I saw the first half of Chelsea-Spurs, who looked good value for the 2-0 lead. Very well taken goal by Kane, and a loss of possession in Chelsea's half swiftly punished for the second.

I had another programme to watch, so I missed the second half, but kept flicking over, and saw 1-2 with 8 to go, and then 2-2 going into the last minutes.

By all accounts it was a miracle that both sides stayed at 10 men, and Spurs certainly lost it in those final few. Picked up 9 yellows 'NINE' as the old videprinter used to put it.

A lot of pushing, shoving, and eyeballing at the final whistle. They'll be repercussions.

Leicester's greatest achievement this season? Sensing an opportunity, and taking it. Fair play to them.

Well done Leicester City, true fans around the World will be delighted by this. They kept their heads whilst those around them stumbled. So glad that Spurs will not win the title, this was their best chance and next season I predict they will struggle to be a top four team. So can we keep our top four spot after the failed gamble v the Saints. I think we will need more stumbles from Arsenal, the Rags and the Hammers to hang on by our finger tips. Pep would not like to be in the low level European competition on Thursdays.

Rags get another flukey win, both teams rubbish, but still 3points to them, so the pressure is on us now.

I am fuming again. 12th March: Norwich 0 City 0 and the rags scrape a win there today. There it is right there. Just look at the situation our manager and stellar squad have played us into. I cannot see anything outside of a defeat tomorrow. Asking us to beat a top six or seven side for the first time is a tall order for such a leaderless mentally weak group in this scenario. I hope I am surprised but I don't think they have it in them.

johnkelv - 7/5/2016 14:38

Rags get another flukey win, both teams rubbish, but still 3points to them, so the pressure is on us now.

What was the final score - can't be arsed checking (sorry).

Only City players and a manager with BALLS are required tomorrow, no repeat of Madrid.

If we get amongst L'Arse they will fold

It would be somewhat galling to finish below the rags considering how they have been criticised all season for the dull, sterile football that they have served up. What would that make us...?

Anyway, I'm sure that won't happen but if it does the Hammer's home defeat means that a Europa league place remains well within our grasp.