Rochdale | Vital Football

Rochdale

mightytics

Vital Reserves Team
After the euphoria of last night it is back to reality on Saturday , a win for Blackburn last night keeps the pressure on us to get back to league winning ways ..
Perkins has earned his place in for Sam , will Roberts start again ?
Cook has a bit of thinking to do and also to get us back up for this one ..
Hopefully last night might tempt some supporters back .. it was so good to have that atmosphere back ..

Perks did ok but gave the ball away several times especially in the 2nd half...i would also obviously play Colclough instead of Massey as we will need to be more offensive on Saturday. Hopefully Gillingham will get summat tonight because as euphoric as all this is it MUST NOT derail the promotion push.

mightytics - 20/2/2018 09:25

After the euphoria of last night it is back to reality on Saturday , a win for Blackburn last night keeps the pressure on us to get back to league winning ways ..
Hopefully last night might tempt some supporters back .. it was so good to have that atmosphere back ..

The atmosphere last night was second to none, a brilliant effort on and off the pitch.

Now that game is out of the way i think we'll be focused for the Rochdale game, Rochdale will have one eye on the Spurs replay no doubt, not sure if thats a good or bad thing really, all the Rochdale players will be wanting to play at Wembley so will more than likely put a shift in for the manager.

I'll go 2-0 Latics!

It will be interesting to see how many of the plastics will turn up,I reckon the crowd will be around 9500 that's around 5500 less Wiganers than last night.

Fulton will start I reckon and I bloody hope Colclough does as well. If he doesn’t then we’ll struggle just like we have in the last four/five home games where he hasn’t started.

In a strange sort of way I think Powell going off actually helped us...we were never going to out-football them so we had to out-work them and with the best will in the world Powell is not the man for that job.

Powell will be ok i reckon , they got him off straight away , Fulton could be a shout , cole should be in the squad before he gets fed up ..

mightytics - 20/2/2018 15:07

Powell will be ok i reckon , they got him off straight away , Fulton could be a shout , cole should be in the squad before he gets fed up ..

Why should Cole be in the squad? Surely he has to wait his time like everyone else. Are you saying he should get special treatment. No doubt he will get a chance over the coming weeks and then its up to him to prove he deserves to be there. We are going to be playing catch up from now until the end of the season, two games a week will mean that PC will have to rotate the squad to keep the players fresh.

Special treatment no , he is good enough to be involved that is all , Vaughn is getting he`s chance and in my opinion cole is a better option ..anyway as you say with the game backload now there will have to be a bit of rotation ..As with Bruce , he has done nothing wrong the odd game he has featured ..

With 3 games in hand of the two competitors for promotion, they will be under pressure as every time they slip up it creates a situation for them.
We on the other hand can afford 2 slips right now.

I'm not sure we are under that much pressure at the moment.

Shrews slipped up again last night , we have to turn the screw now , 2 wins from the next 2 games before the Rovers game ..

Grip! - 20/2/2018 09:42

mightytics - 20/2/2018 09:25

The atmosphere last night was second to none, a brilliant effort on and off the pitch.

Now that game is out of the way i think we'll be focused for the Rochdale game, Rochdale will have one eye on the Spurs replay no doubt, not sure if thats a good or bad thing really, all the Rochdale players will be wanting to play at Wembley so will more than likely put a shift in for the manager.

I'll go 2-0 Latics!

corect.

atmosfeer spot on. ive never been so ecsited at a game and ecspeted to lose it at the same time.

think youve got cook rite an all on this this. listening to him after the game and heering on the grapevine. hes got them in a good mind place. the one game at a time mentality. hell be focused on ssaturdeys game for sure and i think hell bring them down to erth about the qwarter finals.

like miw has sed in other posts. its gonna be tough wi the congesteon of games but i think cook has the package sowed up in his mind. fitness. rotateon. injeries. opositeon. confedence. and i hell be winding up some of the fringe pleyers for there big oportunity thatll be coming some time soon.

hindleymonwafc - 20/2/2018 15:06

In a strange sort of way I think Powell going off actually helped us...we were never going to out-football them so we had to out-work them and with the best will in the world Powell is not the man for that job.

Agree with this. I think as a team we play better without Powell as when he is on the pitch there is an element of "get it to Nick and let him do his magic". The problem is the opposition know this and either mark him or kick him out the game.

So whats the alternative, drop or sell our best player/playmaker/goalscorer?

Don't agree with that, especially at our level. He's one of if not the most stillful in the league and the opposition cannot handle him and gives us the X factor in league one. Playing the best team in the Europe as a league one club with him in the side I understand hindleys argument and tend to agree.