Robinson buys the land | Page 2 | Vital Football

Robinson buys the land

Fratton Park MUST BE REDEVELOPED as part of any construction on the adjecent land. So Pompey will own, without loans, Fratton Park by next August, and if the development goes ahead, Fratton Park will be redeveloped, using profits from the redevelopment to pay for it (ie free for PFC). Also, I wouldn't be so sure that none of the profit for the redevelopment of the land is coming PFC's way. I think it depends on a number of factors, but there could be some cash coming PFC's way, too.

The blame for this is squarely on Gaydamack. He split the land and the stadium, meaning having to find the money to buy it back from somewhere. Interestingly, Al Fahim had the option to buy it back for 1 pound, but he didn't . Idiot.

The PST is the only interested party that has tried to reunite the land and the stadium. No-one else has since they were split. And they are the first owners since the Fratton End was built more than 20 years ago to state the desire to redevelop or rebuild Fratton park into a stadium for the future.

No doubt they've been dealt a shitty hand, but they are bringing it together.

cornypomp - 7/3/2013 21:26

Tim mentions the need for Robinson to play fair. I hope the PST or whoever has done the legal work has got him sewn up totally in the deal.

Let's just get to that wretched court case first though eh!

Robinson is no fan of Chinny or Harris. He is also one of the HNWs, who pumped cash into the club to keep it running in October.

He is part of the PST bid. He is working with them. Property developer doesn't always mean evil.

Nope, doesn't necessarily mean evil at all Nagoya. Just a healthy level of scepticism until all is proven to be just as we would like it to be.

Fully support the PST in their efforts, but not prepared to offer up blind faith any time soon!!

Pompeytim - 8/3/2013 08:52

Nope, doesn't necessarily mean evil at all Nagoya. Just a healthy level of scepticism until all is proven to be just as we would like it to be.

Yes... I'm afraid its a sad fact of life that when money's involved integrity often takes a back seat. Let's hope that doesn't apply this time eh!

I'm rooting for the PST/Robinson takeover too, because although not perfect (what is!) its the best chance we've got of making a fresh start, no matter how slowly. If it comes to pass, we'll just have to see how things unfold.

Just getting shot of Chainrai and his cohorts will be a major plus in my eyes. I've had enough of being owned, run, and ravaged by God knows how many shadow directors - working through offshore companies in the BVI's and Cayman's.