Robinson buys the land | Vital Football

Robinson buys the land

PompeyJake

Vital Squad Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21518587

Another piece of really good news. All the pieces of the jigsaw seem to be falling into place now. The vital last one though is this court case.

Anyone surprised by the cost. £4million for all the land. Thats more than Fratton Park is supposedly worth!

Need to wait to see if this is good news or not.

£4m seems a fair old whack though, doesn't it? He'll be wanting a decent return on that for sure.

price difference

Land around can be developed, FP as it stands can't

As long as Tesco's doesn't expand into the ground,like Sainsbury at Selhurst Park, no complaints

The land around Fratton Park is much larger, and has planning permission. The plot FP is on is much smaller, and has no planning permission. SO if Robinson's land is worth 4 million, FP is worth much less.

Looking great for PFC and the PST!

mslorna48 - 1/3/2013 14:37

I hope Mr. Robinson lets away team coaches park outside the ground for free. :59:

Ha, Ha good one. I'm pleased this deal will help to save the club but I fear a Tesco store signals the end for Fratton Park in the long term. Some may like the idea of an out of town new stadium but I personally preferred us to build a new ground on that land which was the original blue print. Sad day in many ways.

a tesco store isnt meant to mean a fratton move is it?

wasnt/isnt the plan to build a store alongside fratton with tesco heavily contributing towards the costs involved with this?

IF the land (which i thought was meant to be worthless) was worth £4m and deemed MORE expensive than fratton park then when this case finally does go to court then the valuation that chainrai has put on it will be laughed out of court?!

still think that it is a massive shame that robinson will own the lot, but what can you do - lets just hope getting this back from him in the long-term will prove easier than getting back off everyone else!

He's a businessman like all the others, Rug. Don't hold your breath!

i know blue, thats why i said 'hopefully' - by all accounts, so long as certain criteria is met by the PST tho reclaiming fratton WILL be much easier than it had been and contracts will be firm on this...

IF agreements are not met by such times that, i guess, is when it becomes problematic!

pompeyrug - 4/3/2013 16:10

wasnt/isnt the plan to build a store alongside fratton with tesco heavily contributing towards the costs involved with this?

IF the land (which i thought was meant to be worthless) was worth £4m and deemed MORE expensive than fratton park then when this case finally does go to court then the valuation that chainrai has put on it will be laughed out of court?!

still think that it is a massive shame that robinson will own the lot, but what can you do - lets just hope getting this back from him in the long-term will prove easier than getting back off everyone else!

Robinson will only own the old Gaydamack land. Portsmouth FC will own Fratton Park from day 1.

FACup Triumph - 2/3/2013 03:03

I hope Mr. Robinson lets away team coaches park outside the ground for free. :59:

Ha, Ha good one. I'm pleased this deal will help to save the club but I fear a Tesco store signals the end for Fratton Park in the long term. Some may like the idea of an out of town new stadium but I personally preferred us to build a new ground on that land which was the original blue print. Sad day in many ways.

Why? Tesco will build on the Robinson land, and help reredevelop FP into the bargain. If they don't they can't build on the land. Tesco gets a store, Robinson gets a profit, we get a redeveloped FP in Fratton. Everyone is a winner.

nagoyablue - 6/3/2013 02:35

Robinson will only own the old Gaydamack land. Portsmouth FC will own Fratton Park from day 1.

if the PST buys fratton park with the pledges and the council loan then yes PFC owns the land, if the deal still involves robinson buying fratton park then until he is paid off he would own fratton park too...

nagoyablue - 6/3/2013 02:38

Why? Tesco will build on the Robinson land, and help reredevelop FP into the bargain. If they don't they can't build on the land. Tesco gets a store, Robinson gets a profit, we get a redeveloped FP in Fratton. Everyone is a winner.

i wouldnt quite say that everyone is a winner, yep we get a new ground but IF fratton park, and the fratton land, had all belonged to PFC then the club would have been the real winner, the financial winners of a deal with tesco will now be tesco and robinson really but beggars cannot be choosers can they...

pompeyrug - 7/3/2013 00:39

nagoyablue - 6/3/2013 02:35

if the PST buys fratton park with the pledges and the council loan then yes PFC owns the land, if the deal still involves robinson buying fratton park then until he is paid off he would own fratton park too...

Robinson owns the old Gaydamack land. The PST will buy Fratton Park outright from day 1 using the council loan and a loan from Robinson. These loans would be paid back in August, from the parachute payment.

But PFC (PST) will own Fratton park from day 1.

pompeyrug - 7/3/2013 00:41

nagoyablue - 6/3/2013 02:38

i wouldnt quite say that everyone is a winner, yep we get a new ground but IF fratton park, and the fratton land, had all belonged to PFC then the club would have been the real winner, the financial winners of a deal with tesco will now be tesco and robinson really but beggars cannot be choosers can they...

We get a redeveloped Fratton Park owned by PFC. How much win do you want? :17:

tart it up however you want nagoya but if PFC owned fratton and the land then PFC would WIN 100% - all the while others own areas of this whilst we get that redeveloped fratton park PFC does not win that 100%...

so it is not ideal, but i appreciate that is the way it is so we accept that and make the best of our situation.

as far as PFC owning fratton from 'day one', all the while something is owned with loans it is not actually your property as such is it.

ok, perhaps i am being abit to picky on this but if, for some reason, these loans are not repaid on time then you potentially run into problems. i am not saying this will happen, but just a 'what if' thought...

Agreed Rug. The PST has necessarily had to prostitute the club's chance of making a killing on redeveloping that land to get over the line. There is no alternative.

However, in an ideal situation the club would have got FP redeveloped AND profit from the other development around it. It appears that now the club will get FP redeveloped and Stuart Robinson will get the profit on the other development around it.

But like I say, there doesn't appear to be any alternative really, so onwards & upwards.

I just hope this guy plays fair.

In the ideal world the land was provided to the club for the redevelopment of FP into a super new stadium which would benefit the club in the long term. Instead it is benefitting Tesco and Stuart Robinson developers. Once the store is in place there is nowhere to redevelop for football reasons so we will either have to stick by FP or move. But like I say i'm pleased the deal will help to save the club.

Best forget about 'what might have been' Rug, that went down the swanny years ago.

If we can at least get hold of Fratton again, surely a spin off via Robinson/PST must lead to some development of the park. Even if its the 90 degree turn-around that was on the cards before.

Tim mentions the need for Robinson to play fair. I hope the PST or whoever has done the legal work has got him sewn up totally in the deal.

Let's just get to that wretched court case first though eh!