RIP Rik Mayall | Vital Football

RIP Rik Mayall

RIP Rik Mayall - will always be remembered for The Young Ones and all the laughs he provided in my late teens and college life for certain. RIP

Kevin Turvey R.I.P.

He was only a bit older than me. 56 is no age.

Very sad news. :21:

Gutted to hear this. Grew up watching the Young ones, Bottom. Pleasure seeing him live in Oxford in 2003.

RIP

Only just seen this news. Really sad to read. The Young ones is one of my all time favourite shows and he pretty much made it as funny as it was

Loved nearly all his incarnations from Kevin Turvey on - saw him doing a show way back in the 80s featuring KT

younger than me when he died.....eek!

It's always sad to see someone pass on, especially at such an early age. I would have liked to see him play some straight parts as so many comic actors do and do well at. I have to be honest, I never liked the Young Ones (thought it was a dreadful programme) and didn't like the over the top role he had in Blackadder, for an over the top type of show, which I quite enjoyed, he was even more over the top, too much for me.

But RIP mate, sorry to here the news.

'Over The Top' ? I think that exaggerated manner was his trademarks that made him so different yet so likeable long with his mate Ade Edmondson... RIP Rik Mayall.

I agree 'Highgate' but it just doesn't amuse me. It's too obvious a type of humour for my taste, I'm not criticising RM, he played the part as he was told and did it well to everyone's pleasure that liked the programme and the part he played. As I said, I would like to have seen him do a serious character, a detective or whatever, I think he would have been great at it.