RIP Mike Ferguson AVFC | Vital Football

RIP Mike Ferguson AVFC

Mike was a talented winger. Like so many players,he never lived up to his port. I recall a second division game at brizzle city when he dribbled through the city defence and mishit his shot with just the keeper to beat. We lost 1-0 with pocket dynamo, Bobby kellard scoring a cracker. God bless Mike.

Before coming to Villa he played for Blackburn and as I recall one occasion at VP beating about 5/6 of our lads from the half way line rounded the keeper and scored at the Holte End, Blackburn winning 4-0 that day. I assume this was the inspiration for Villa buying him. Too inconsistent to be really good which was a shame as he certainly had ability, RIP Mike

Before coming to Villa he played for Blackburn and as I recall one occasion at VP beating about 5/6 of our lads from the half way line rounded the keeper and scored at the Holte End, Blackburn winning 4-0 that day. I assume this was the inspiration for Villa buying him. Too inconsistent to be really good which was a shame as he certainly had ability, RIP Mike
That is my recollection of that day as well 63. He seemed to dribble in slow motion but opposition players couldnt get a boot on him when on form, but as said too inconsistent. RIP Mike.

I was 11 when he signed and have a very vague recollection of him other than he was very skilful well was to me, he played in some of our darkest days RIP Mike

My recollections of Mike are also vague, but I do remember seeing him play on a number of occassions.

Rest In Peace Mike.