RIP Glensider | Vital Football

RIP Glensider

tmg513

Vital Squad Member
Kevin-Kip-3-e1474295645959.jpg
I am so sorry to have to write that my friend Kevin, AKA Glensider on this site, has passed away this morning. He had been retired for the past few years in the USA with his wife Donna and had been battling ill-health for some while now. He first came to my attention on this site through his excellent match reports and when his health problems first surfaced and he was unable to continue with these Jonathan Fear was kind enough to put us in touch with each other. We shared a love of cricket, music, life, and above all the Villa. We emailed a few times a week and Skyped but never actually met. We always intended to see the boys together but sadly now this is not to be. I'll miss him more than I can say.

Last edited:
Oh dear.

What a shame. Really sorry to hear this news.

I remember when I was first posting on here and someone said that a new poster shouldn't have an opinion (or words to that effect) and Glensider took him to task. Really appreciated that.

Gutted. Proper Villa and proper fighter in life. He had no end of problems, we used to compare notes.

Strangely was only this week I was thinking I'd not touched base with him for a while.

RIP glensider.

Oh dear , such sad news loved the match reports he saw things in a game that most of us missed and left you thinking how did I I miss that .

R.I.P Glensider

Awful news, so sorry to hear he has gone. Always had interesting chats on here with him, he was one of the good guys. RIP Kev.

Strangely enough it was only last week that someone posted that Glensider hadnt been heard of for a while, and was he ok.
Loved his posts, very informative and well reasoned, always balanced.
RIP Glensider.