Ricky Van Wolfswinkel | Vital Football

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

Toonster

Vital Youth Team
Looks set to leave Norwich. Could he be the striker we need? Didn't set the premier league alight last season but could be a decent addition to the squad. We were linked with him before he signed for Norwich. Scored a couple of decent goals with a great header on the opening game of season, however was in a poor side. Your thoughts?

The next thread down is entitled Ebola. I suggest that Ebola would be more welcome after van Winkel's strike rate last year.

With the extra tv money we could've had Lukaku, Remy and a top class CB without even touching Ashley's pocket (despite us saving for years).

Rivière & Van Wolfswinkel sounds like a double act from a 1950s freak show. Perfect.

Or a brand of intoxicating Aldi Cologne that old wives buy to line the casket.

Rexn - 30/7/2014 19:17

The next thread down is entitled Ebola. I suggest that Ebola would be more welcome after van Winkel's strike rate last year.

I am unsure of how many goals he scored last season although it was not many, that I know. He scored a fair few in Portugal and was linked with a lot of the top clubs in Europe. Could be worth a gamble

Wilco - 30/7/2014 19:20

Rivière & Van Wolfswinkel sounds like a double act from a 1950s freak show. Perfect.
The names are a bit too close to reverie and Rip van Winkle for me. I would imagine they would both fit in with P45's philosophy of sending us to sleep.

Poor lad will never live this down

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/sky-sports-presenter-forgets-only-memorable-thing-about-ricky-van-wolfswinkel-his-name/

Fair play to Perez, he came from the Spanish 2nd division and scored against a Championship side.

I'm sure P45 will turn him into the next Tevez.

Where Perez is concerned it's how he plays not where he comes from.
Do not write him off.

Perez 1 goal, Gouffran 1 goal, Riviere 1 goal and De Jong 2 goals in pre-season friendlies so with Cisse, Arma and Campbell as back ups what's the betting the fat slug thinks that's enough.

Although Pardew will continue to spout we need another striker and forget totally about the defence
which conceded all those goals last season and has been addressed so far by one quality right back when the problem is the slow central defence.

Nobody is writing Perez off.

People are writing off Pardew and Ashley, and Perez (as well as every other player) is tainted by association with them.

If Perez turns out to be the new Ronaldo then he'll be sold.

Therein lies the problem.